Can i Hold my pee to the limit every day ?

Welcome Karen!

Personally, just a few hours after a few pints of water, but that's not really a challenge scenario (like if I was away from home) and there's wanting the pleasure from relief of release.

Harmfull, some else might know that answer.

I was just recently hospitalized for a kidney related problem, and one of the problems I had was a UTI. I was baffled because 1. I didn't have any symptoms and 2. It's not as if I have any habits that would give me a uti. I was asking the nurse if there was anything else that would give me one and the first thing she asked me was "do you hold your urine?" 😑

I hold for fun by myself and with a few friends around here. Just be careful and don't hold for too too long too often. 

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I was just recently hospitalized for a kidney related problem, and one of the problems I had was a UTI. I was baffled because 1. I didn't have any symptoms and 2. It's not as if I have any habits that would give me a uti. I was asking the nurse if there was anything else that would give me one and the first thing she asked me was "do you hold your urine?" 😑

I hold for fun by myself and with a few friends around here. Just be careful and don't hold for too too long too often. 

I've also had urinary health issues from holding it too long. Not for pleasure but as a result of my work. My urologist said it's a frequent problem for nurses and teachers. 

• Hug 1

its better not to —- you can damage the bladder by constantly stretching it to its limit — and urine can back up into the kidneys or testicles placing pressure on those organs —- and urinating flushes bacteria from the renal system — holding it increases the risk of infections.