Holding tips?

I have gotten better over the last few months by drinking little bits at a time and holding literally till I reach my limit. 

Sometimes I have a partner or two that encourages me (see: dominates me and takes away my permission to use the toilet) and that sexual reward and gratification helps too 🤭

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

The two things I find which most affect my bladder and ability to hold are what type of liquid I drink, and also my brain fooling me into thinking 'you need to pee, or else...'

The 'what type' is something I've posted many times before - that certain sweeteners I think will trigger a sudden 'need to pee NOW' reaction from my bladder which is more time than volume dependant, or coffee to an extent does the same usually exactly an hour after drinking.   So instead drinking normal amounts of plain water may be an idea.  Obviously don't dehydrate, but no need to drink gallons either,  What goes in will want to come out.

The nerves thing is a little more tricky - it's like if I was setting off to drive to the airport, and had a sensible pee before getting in the car.   Fifteen minutes in I'd feel a 'hello, bladder here - I've still been working and here's a twinge for you'. Of course I don't need to pee. I just went, but what about the next 45 minutes of driving to the car park.  What if there's a big queue for security, will there be a bathroom before that queue...

And that's where mind over matter has to kick in - positive thinking, and so on.   If you set the right environment, a fun hold at home it's going to be a lot easier than trying to tease yourself by doing your weekly shopping with a full bladder for example.  Not thinking about when you'll need to pee or where you'll be able to go - thinking that you can do it, you can make it. Or just thinking about something else altogether.

Distract yourself as much as possible. Find something you really enjoy doing and focus on that. I love gaming with a full bladder. When I'm engrossed in a good game it's easy for me to totally put a full bladder out of mind. As each game finishes and another game starts, that's when the sudden urge for relief returns!