Anybody wanna hike and pee together?

Ok, so this has been on my mind for a while, but what if a few of us gathered somewhere offline, came with hiking gear and plenty of water, and then when one of us needs to pee, they can just do it in front of everybody else.

Like yes, we are there to hike, but also to pee and have fun doing it.

Maybe it could even be a camping trip?

I don't know, what are your thoughts on this? Is it worth organising?

I'm curious to understand how you would do that within the site rules - which as you know prohibit asking for off site contact details.

Largely of course that is aimed at the risk that anyone (including serial axe murderers) could sign up and claim to be a sweet innocent young Peefan looking to meet likeminded people.

Literally yesterday I was looking at a post where a young member had quoted their age, five years younger than the age in their profile - an innocent mistake, or a red flag that one or the other is untrue. Are they really who they claim?

It is accepted that real and deep friendships can develop, and Admin has recognised that in the addendum to Rule 8 where it is stated "Of course, members who have built strong friendships here and privately wish to exchange contact information is fine, but public posts about these things, or unsolicited private messages asking for external contact information are not allowed whatsoever."

I'd be a hypocrite to say that longstanding friendships can't transition beyond the site - but there's quite a difference between slowly developing an on-site friendship into an other-site virtual friendship and maybe eventually into a real world friendship.  Rather different than saying 'which anonymous usernames want to meet me at this remote car park...'

• Agree 2
10 hours ago, Maclir said:

Locations?

I've not planed anything yet, partly because I don't have huge amounts of time right now, partly because I don't know where would be suitable.

I'm just trying to gauge interest, see if it's the sort of thing that might be popular.

9 minutes ago, CON2H4 said:

Actually re-reading rule 8 I'm wondering if I've already broken rule 8 with this post. I hope not.

No, I'm not suggesting you have broken any rules at all:  What you wrote was a 'what if' and was about the 'if a few of us gathered'.   It's very clear a hypothetical question as written at this stage - if it never came to be then it would be an exciting fantasy just like any other on the forum.  And I agree it would be paradise to be able to spend time with other like minded individuals if nothing else.

You've termed it  'a few of us gathered', well those could easily fit the "members who have built strong friendships here and privately wish to exchange contact information".  After all, you're a longstanding member and you may be talking about people you've built up a deep level of trust with over the years.  Absolutely nothing wrong there and in that sense I genuinely wish you luck.

I was deliberately trying not to lay down the law - I recognise it is a very different situation to that of a member asking who wants to meet up, when typically they've been a member for only weeks, days or even hours. They have virtually no tangible information on their profile.  Very little content to look at and no way for us to judge whether they are who they say they are.

19 hours ago, CON2H4 said:

Ok, so this has been on my mind for a while, but what if a few of us gathered somewhere offline, came with hiking gear and plenty of water, and then when one of us needs to pee, they can just do it in front of everybody else.

Like yes, we are there to hike, but also to pee and have fun doing it.

Maybe it could even be a camping trip?

I don't know, what are your thoughts on this? Is it worth organising?

Maybe you should consider joining a hiking club in real life.

I've found some of my best experiences out on the trail. There's something about being out in nature and away from society's constraints that has one relax their inhibitions. Now, you probably won't get to see much on a group hike, but you might discover which ones are shy and which are much more comfortable in the outdoors.  Perhaps once you get to know them better, you might encourage them to hike with you one-on-one. 

8 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

You've termed it  'a few of us gathered', well those could easily fit the "members who have built strong friendships here and privately wish to exchange contact information".  After all, you're a longstanding member and you may be talking about people you've built up a deep level of trust with over the years.  Absolutely nothing wrong there and in that sense I genuinely wish you luck.

As Goose posted, it's most important that you build up a level of trust. That may take months, if not years. But, your patience can be well-rewarded. I, too, wish you good luck.

• Like 1

I realise though, I have no idea how to organise a wild camping trip. I'm particularly concerned with finding a place where one would be unlikely to be seen by random passers by, and somewhere that I either have a right to be, or have permission to be there.