Tutoring session pee.

The peeing sounds were very clear and hard to ignore.  I didn't get to see the basin after she finished, but I sure added a good amount to it.

What struck me as odd, was that she didn't just offer me the sink or trashcans or a mop bucket.  Not sure of why she chose the dish basin.  I think she put the basin on the chair to get it closer to normal toilet height.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DoctorDoctor said:

The peeing sounds were very clear and hard to ignore.  I didn't get to see the basin after she finished, but I sure added a good amount to it.

What struck me as odd, was that she didn't just offer me the sink or trashcans or a mop bucket.  Not sure of why she chose the dish basin.  I think she put the basin on the chair to get it closer to normal toilet height.

As a nurse she'd be no stranger to patients using bed pans I guess, and getting rid of the resulting fluids.  And like 99.99% of the population just a physiological process of getting rid of processed, unwanted fluid.

It sounds like her normal position was to hover over the basin on the chair in a near sitting position, and she already probably knew she was going to use the basin after you so it may just have been the natural thing to do.

In that situation I suspect I'd have been similar in not mentioning it any further - especially in a tutor / student context.  In retrospect though I'd have so many opening lines springing to mind; "not the first time the bathroom downstairs has been occupied I guess...?"  

• Agree 1

I wonder if she usually uses the bowl to save the flight of stairs and the risk of the bathroom being in use when she gets there.

I would have been tempted to ask 🙂

You should make sure your bladder is full next time you visit and see what happens.

A great experience, definitely.  I think the reason she didn’t offer you the use of the sink directly was that she wanted the excuse to be able to go back in there to empty the bowl without having to say to you that she was going in there to pee.  She may have been slightly unsure what you would think of it- even though she must have known that you would hear and be aware of what she was doing.

The fact that the chair and bowl were there must have meant she used it regularly.  Less hassle than going to the communal bathroom and no risk of getting there to find it occupied.

When I was younger, I would also have avoided discussing it further, but if I was lucky enough to be in that situation now, I would definitely talk about it. I would start off by saying how much more convenient that was and I could see it made sense - hopefully that would relax her enough to talk about it.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2