Cystoscopy

Tomorrow I'm due to have a flexible Cystoscopy which I understand involves having a camera inserted up the urethra and into the the bladder.  The object of the exercise is to try and find out why I'm susceptible to UTI's.  Has anyone else here had this procedure and how did they find it?

Not personally but I had a male friend who had it done. He did wake up from the procedure and felt like his penis was bleeding but it was fine, think it just felt a bit sore for a day or two but nothing major. Do you your UTI are due to your pee fetish? Holding and playing etc can cause these issues sadly. 

There's a radiology test where you have to lay on an exam table and pee all over yourself and the table while x-rays are taken.  I was hoping for your sake you were having that done. :P It's called a "voiding somethingorother". 

Thanks for that.  I think the hospital had a cancellation so they asked me to go in a little earlier than planned.  In the event the procedure was short but painful.  It involved a flexible tube being insterted into my urethra, some water being poured in to distend my bladder, and then a small camera being put down it.  It was painful but short.  Followed by a prostate check, it only took a few minutes.  Passing water has been a bit painful since and the last time I went there was some blood, but I was told to expect both to happen.  It may be that holding a WS play have contributed to the UTIs, but I think an old Hypospadias repair might be a factor too.    

• Hug 2
7 minutes ago, Adyguy6970 said:

Thanks for that.  I think the hospital had a cancellation so they asked me to go in a little earlier than planned.  In the event the procedure was short but painful.  It involved a flexible tube being insterted into my urethra, some water being poured in to distend my bladder, and then a small camera being put down it.  It was painful but short.  Followed by a prostate check, it only took a few minutes.  Passing water has been a bit painful since and the last time I went there was some blood, but I was told to expect both to happen.  It may be that holding a WS play have contributed to the UTIs, but I think an old Hypospadias repair might be a factor too.    

Hope you're feeling back to normal soon, and hope that the test leads to some definitive and positive solution.