Interesting news for diaper lovers

That's an interesting thing to encourage. How much pee does a diaper normally hold? Would it need to be changed mid flight if it was a long one? Would it be noticable to other passengers that one is being worn? 

What about the passengers? Should they wear one too?

Edited by littlebladder
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, littlebladder said:

That's an interesting thing to encourage. How much pee does a diaper normally hold? Would it need to be changed mid flight if it was a long one? Would it be noticable to other passengers that one is being worn? 

What about the passengers? Should they wear one too?

According to the article, the purpose is that the flight attendants avoid using the onboard lavatories during the flight, so that would exclude the possibility of changing mid-flight. Good diapers should be absorbent enough to last all through a long flight, but they swell up as they get wet. So even if they are well hidden at the beginning of the flight, they might get noticeable towards the end, especially under the tight skirts of female flight attendants....

In the logic of those guidelines, it would be advisable that the passengers wear diapers, too.

I've just seen this article earlier today, it has been a discussion amongst crew before. Often when the flights are busy and they don't have enough time to go to the bathroom. I doubt you will ever know if one of them is wearing but it certainly gets you thinking.

Something discreet would be fine but they would need to be changed on a long flight. All depends how much you had to pee.

It would be absolutely unreal if I knew one of my crew was wearing... 

Next time you're on a flight and the cabin crew hand you your meal, you can have the thought "I wonder if she's having a wee right now"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it's certainly an idea.  However I imagine it's not all that uncommon for cabin crew to be diapered as modern disposable adult nappies are very discreet and they're a very good option for people in roles where they have limited toilet options or might not wish to use the facilities available.   

• Like 2
3 hours ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

I've just seen this article earlier today, it has been a discussion amongst crew before.

What did your colleagues say? Did any of them find it a good idea?

3 hours ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

It would be absolutely unreal if I knew one of my crew was wearing... 

Next time you're on a flight and the cabin crew hand you your meal, you can have the thought "I wonder if she's having a wee right now"

I can totally relate to that. Tbh, I've already had that thought with some pretty female flight attendants...  😉

Edited by kalle2020
typo corrected
  • Like 1