Water intake tracking

4 hours ago, Sammilove said:

So, how many people here track their daily water intake? I’ve recently been doing mine to try and start getting healthier and lose some weight. Anyone else do the same?

and of course, does anyone do it for the sensation it gives off?

I haven't done it before, but curiously I have spent the last six days measuring intake and output ... more because I want to try and work out if I my bladder is really small and I need to visit the doctor to ask for a prostate check. Details elsewhere

And my wife's been keeping me company for some days, which has made it more fun. Another chart or two coming later today since I've stopped measuring this morning.

Edited by Kupar
Retry link
  • Like 1

Yep, I keep track of my water intake in 2 ways. I have a 2.2l (1 gallon) bottle. I also keep my water intake logged on myfitnesspal (highly recommend).

I usually hit around 4.5-5 litres a day (not including tea, coffee, protein shakes). It's a bonus as I end up peeing bucket loads. 

But it's mainly health. I know when I haven't had enough as I get really headachey and start to feel a bit woozy/light headed. 

• Like 1

I’ve been doing it for 2 days so far and I feel great. Tomorrow is my first day doing it at work though so I’m hopeful it doesn’t kill me(I’ll be the only one for 4 hours so). I’ve been peeing tons already at around 145oz a day. I’m willing to bet at least 100oz comes back out. So I’m not too worried if I don’t hit my goal but I’d like to hit 2/3rds at least.

I used to. Used to have a special waterbottle that communicated with my phone digitally to make sure I got my 60 oz a day. Then I'd have a habit tracker in my journals. But these days I just finish whats in my bottle and call it a day. I think my big bottle is 40 oz. 

3 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I used to. Used to have a special waterbottle that communicated with my phone digitally to make sure I got my 60 oz a day. Then I'd have a habit tracker in my journals. But these days I just finish whats in my bottle and call it a day. I think my big bottle is 40 oz. 

Shoot. I’ve got an app that tells me how much to drink and it’s like 148oz or something like that. I’m on day 3 so far and I feel so much better but I’m peeing like 2-3 times an hour.

6 hours ago, Sammilove said:

Shoot. I’ve got an app that tells me how much to drink and it’s like 148oz or something like that. I’m on day 3 so far and I feel so much better but I’m peeing like 2-3 times an hour.

That was me when I first started. Every half hour I was up and peeing lol. 

2 hours ago, Sammilove said:

So does it ever get better or am I just doomed to pee every 30 minutes? 

It got better for me the more I drank. I cant remember if the bladder is considered a muscle or an organ, but I want to say its a muscle that can be trained just like any other muscle. Don't quote me on that one. I failed A&P like three times before I abandoned my nursing major lol.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, justloveyoutube said:

How much water do you usually drink in a day without keeping track?

Hardly any. Like maybe 32oz or so. I've given up on the drink 140oz a day though. I was peeing literally every 15 minutes at work. My boss even asked if I was okay. Of course I am but I was still kind of embarrassed by it. So now I'm trying to drink at least 96oz a day which has cut down my bathroom trips to once every or so at work.