9 minutes ago, Anthony 123 said:

Why don't we include Personal chat where we chat with members which other people can't see pls include Suggestion

Hi @Anthony 123 - Personal Chat already is a thing...   albeit it is one of the additional features bundled in with Gold Membership.  You get the ability to have unlimited private conversations which can include groups, unlimited inbox space & image attachments.  Also live one-to-one chats like the group chatbox.

I know at this point you may be thinking it's just a rip off that you have to buy Gold - but the point of Gold is that it goes some way to funding the significant costs of keeping the site online. Having some additional premium features is a key way to keep Gold attractive and keep the site alive.

Without Gold, members once they've met their initial basic rating can send messages to other specific members which of course can turn into conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Anthony 123 said:

Why don't we include Personal chat where we chat with members which other people can't see pls include Suggestion

You already can. There's a feature called private messages. Click on anyone's profile and there will be a 'message' button. Or press the envelope icon in the top right corner of every page.

As gldenwetgoose said, LIVE chat between members (facebook style) is a gold feature, as is unlimited inbox space. But sending private messages to others users is something everyone can do for free (once they've made a couple of non-spammy posts to prove they're a real person, which you already have).

Feel free to send me a message to test it out. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 2:08 PM, Admin said:

You already can. There's a feature called private messages. Click on anyone's profile and there will be a 'message' button. Or press the envelope icon in the top right corner of every page.

As gldenwetgoose said, LIVE chat between members (facebook style) is a gold feature, as is unlimited inbox space. But sending private messages to others users is something everyone can do for free (once they've made a couple of non-spammy posts to prove they're a real person, which you already have).

Feel free to send me a message to test it out. Enjoy!

Hey Admin I'm Telling It TO Be AS A WIndow Like Live chat

1 hour ago, Anthony 123 said:

Hey Admin I'm Telling It TO Be AS A WIndow Like Live chat

Hi @Anthony 123 - Hope you're well.

@Admin and myself have already answered that question, and we do understand exactly what you mean.  The free membership provides lots of content including every member being able to chat in the open Chatbox, post content in the forums and send private messages to other members using the message button.  (There is the initial block when signing up until after 5 posts).

What you're asking about is a feature of Gold membership.  This is an amazing site which costs a lot of money to run. There is a small charge for Gold membership, but not to make a profit. It's there to allow people to give back a little and help towards the costs of running this site.  As such there have to be some rewards and benefits to Gold membership which are not provided to free members. One of those benefits is that gold members to have one-to-one Chatboxes with other members exactly as you're asking for.

So my friend, unless @Admin chooses to give away this feature to every member, then your option is to join Gold Membership and you will have it.

• Like 1

One other thought that has just hit me about one-to-one messages compared to one-to-one chatbox...

When you are on live chat, and you have sound on - each new message will have the 'tinkle' sound to alert you.  But if you are away from your screen or sometimes with another window open, it is easy to miss the sound and not realise there is a new message there.

When you are using the messages button - you'll get the alert and the message icon at the top of the screen will show there is a message waiting. So even if you're logged out you'll never miss the message.

So in my opinion, there are more benefits to using the message option.

2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

One other thought that has just hit me about one-to-one messages compared to one-to-one chatbox...

When you are on live chat, and you have sound on - each new message will have the 'tinkle' sound to alert you.  But if you are away from your screen or sometimes with another window open, it is easy to miss the sound and not realise there is a new message there.

When you are using the messages button - you'll get the alert and the message icon at the top of the screen will show there is a message waiting. So even if you're logged out you'll never miss the message.

So in my opinion, there are more benefits to using the message option.

I agree PM's are more visible, but on the 'chatbox' popup in the bottom corner, there will be a number in a red circle if you have unread private live chats. So you will still see the notification if you've been offline. (As you correctly pointed out, private live chats is a gold feature only though).

Obviously with the main live chatroom you won't get notifications (apart from the sound), as I can't imagine people would want to be notified of every message ever, just the ones live while you're here. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm in danger of opening a generally concluded issue back up here, and there's a risk I could come across as 'preaching' which I really don't mean to do...

One of the best things about this community I believe is the open and frank discussions that occur in the general posts section, whether it be the sharing of pictures, links to particular video topics or discussions in general on all manner of subjects. Any member can post, and reply, can click to react to posts.  That gives members a chance to get to know each other, to follow what interests they have both pee and non-pee related, to understand a bit about them.  Both the poster and the reader can gain a sense of belonging to the community.

If someone posts something which is perceived out of line the staff can easily react either after noticing themselves or by literally any member reporting it.

However every day I seem to see introductions from new members, or posts requesting 'message me'.  As we've discussed above, an member can send a direct message to anyone who has not disabled receiving messages - but why would people be so keen to message?

I get that other sites may not have this open posting culture and on other sites messaging may be the only way to communicate. I can see that for some members, having a one-to-one chat with someone may feel good - like going for a drink with one person, not just chatting in a crowd. I get that a member may have a worry or be seeking advice from another member on something quite personal that they don't want to broadcast.  All understandable. But at the same time in the last month as a mod I've heard of multiple cases where people are getting pestered in messages.  Completely against the site rules of course.  The problem is that with open posts we can see it happening, with messages we rely on the receiver telling us about it - if they don't just get scared off and leave.

Somehow chatting in an open post seems like a friendly way to engage with a group and messaging someone seems like whispering behind your hand in the corner to someone...  But I'm very open to be told why it's not like that at all.