My thoughts on alpha and beta male

Peefreak99

Many people complain that they are a beta etc and ask how to become a alpha but really both are needed. All kinds of animals has betas and alphas look at a wolfpack if everyone there was a alpha a civil war would start and if everyone was a beta nobody would be able to lead and chaos would happen. I think the same goes for people it's just a natural thing society wouldn't work if everyone was a beta or an alpha. Because if everyone were leaders war would happen and nobody would do the work. And with only betas chaos would happen and nobody would know what to do. So really i wouldn't say people should feel bad for being a beta since the beta is the one doing all the important work. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think people can be neatly divided into alpha or beta types. Everyone is different, and the degree to which they aspire to leadership varies from person to person. Indeed, the same person might aspire to leadership in some situations whilst being happy to follow in others.

I myself might aspire to some measure of leadership in an area about which I am highly knowledgeable or experienced. In other areas where I know a lot less I'd be happy deferring to others and would not then aspire to any kind of leadership role. Does that make me alpha or beta? People are not so easy to categorise.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, steve25805 said:

I don't think people can be neatly divided into alpha or beta types. Everyone is different, and the degree to which they aspire to leadership varies from person to person. Indeed, the same person might aspire to leadership in some situations whilst being happy to follow in others.

I myself might aspire to some measure of leadership in an area about which I am highly knowledgeable or experienced. In other areas where I know a lot less I'd be happy deferring to others and would not then aspire to any kind of leadership role. Does that make me alpha or beta? People are not so easy to categorise.

Yes that's true i was tallking in generall tho 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

Yes that's true i was tallking in generall tho 

Well in every field we certainly need leaders and a much larger number of followers - and often some middle rankers at various levels who follow those above and lead those below, forming part of a command hierarchy.

But those who follow sometimes rise into leadership positions later. And some can lead in some areas whilst following in other walks of life. Character wise, however, there are certainly those more eager to take control than others, even if they do not necessarily know what they are doing. I suppose these dominant types might be considered alphas - at least in a wannabe sense.