Urinalysis

Yes a few years ago i had a chronic urinary condition.Wasnt STD or anything,just something that developed over time.

My doctor once said it was a wonder the urine dip stick didnt dissolve in it!

• Haha 1
  • 6 months later...

i had the nurse dip litmus like paper in to my pee cup right in front of straightafter i peed and said it was all normal. This was testing for glucose levels. First time that happened, she was handling it without gloves even, must have still been warm...

Just now, rajpatel1993 said:

I would never wish for another woman to get a UTI, I am just curious why

I know, I didn't mean that you would want anyone to - but at the same time it's not like sweets would have any knowledge why - especially with it keep recurring.

7 hours ago, rajpatel1993 said:

I would never wish for another woman to get a UTI, I am just curious why

7 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I know, I didn't mean that you would want anyone to - but at the same time it's not like sweets would have any knowledge why - especially with it keep recurring.

As we get older the pelvic floor muscle becomes weak. The  urethra for women are shorter than mens. When you have sex bacteria can be pushed up into the urethra. That’s why doctors tell woman to pee after sex to get rid of the bacteria.  If the muscle was stronger it wouldn’t allow the bacteria in.    It also depends on your diet how much water you drink. It all makes your urinate either the perfect breeding grow for the bacteria to grow. Or not.  I started talking cranberry tables everyday I have not had a UTI in 3 year. And no more antibiotics 

Alittle back story in 2011 I had surgery they put a bladder sling in for my leaking.  The type of leaking I was having it didn’t help it made thing worse.  I couldn’t empty my bladder all the way. Only about 50% come to find out the doctor put it in to tight.  Not only did I have more problems, it hurt to have sex so I went almost 5 years with very little I mean once or twice a year.  When you can’t empty all the way it makes for the perfect breeding ground for bacteria.  I started the cranberry tablets in sept of 2016 and had the surgery reversed.  

Edited by Sweets
  • Like 1