Claiming a state by Peeing in it.

I have a nephew that claims that you can NOT claim to have been in a state unless you have Peed in it.

This has led to some interesting family trips when all my kids were asking us to stop at the first rest stop when we drove into a new state.

Peeing in an airplane as it flies over a state does NOT count.

My youngest son who is driving trucks for a trucking company went thru a couple of states without being able to stop. Idaho for one and Alabama for another.

My sons have asked their cousin if the Astronauts can claim to have been on the moon. He decided that they could claim it as they had to leave their urine in a bag on the moon, and it would make its way to the surface of the moon.

I guess i can claim Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, New mexico as states. I peed in all of them. In different places. In Oregon I've peed next to the car on the side of the road. In the creek at Fishhawk Falls. In another creek while crossing it, In a caboose while with my husband taking train photos.

In Washington I've peed in a tunnel on the Iron Goat Trail, in the creek at Deception Falls rest stop because the washrooms were closed. Next to the car on the side of the road.

In Californis by a Redwood Tree. In Colorado and New Mexico by the car on the side of the road.

On small flowers or plants that I can squat over and pee on in lots of places.

In the Columbia River from our boat when out on it.

Just some of the places I've peed. Way too many to list them all

As a family we have roamed around quite a bit. Many of the states that I would now claim, I would have Peed in them long before I knew about my Nephew's rule.

I am pretty sure I can claim all the states East of the Mississippi River.

States West of the Mississippi River, I have NOT been in Alaska, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Wyoming, and probably not Utah.

I had not thought of the Canadian provinces, but I can claim Quebec,Ontario, British Columbia.

Sadly, I cannot claim any US state.

But I could perhaps stake a claim to England, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Italy, Greece, Egypt, and Turkey. :biggrin:

I wasn't thinking about travel across the world.

However, I can claim England, Germany and France on company business.

On an EOT tour I can claim England, Scotland, and Ireland.

On another EOT tour I can claim Greece and Turkey.

Just had this thought.

If peeing on something counts as staking a claim to it, there are a few US citizens I'd like to stake a claim to........Angelgirl, CrissyP, etc.

And they are welcome to stake a claim to me anytime. :biggrin:

Just had this thought.

If peeing on something counts as staking a claim to it, there are a few US citizens I'd like to stake a claim to........Angelgirl, CrissyP, etc.

And they are welcome to stake a claim to me anytime. :biggrin:

I am not sure that anticipation counts in completed claims. Nice try. :devilish:

I've been to every state and peed in every one of them. :thumbsup:

But, perhaps using a toilet shouldn't count. I'd like to think to claim a state you need to mark the territory, and that your stream needs to touch the ground.

In that case, I may be down to 48. I'm not sure about Delaware and Nevada.