Hi there

:O_o:Thanks Steve. It's great to see you here mate.

To be honest, this forum is friendlier and more welcoming than the one I have ceased posting on. I am comtemplating renewing my gold membership there when it expires, just to ensure continued access to the galleries - unless they delete my account first. But this forum is frankly much better now in terms of social interaction.

The other one is not what it used to be. I miss the good old days there when Missy and Rude were virtually running the place, good friends of mine like Meewee and Angelgirl were still highly active, and mods actually showed some indications of valuing my contributions, instead of dismissing them as making no difference, as one in effect did when he suggested that my departure would make no difference to the place at all!

I prefer to post where my efforts are appreciated.

Great to see you here. And no harm at all in being a member of as many forums as you wish. More options. :)

To be honest, this forum is friendlier and more welcoming than the one I have ceased posting on. I am comtemplating renewing my gold membership there when it expires, just to ensure continued access to the galleries - unless they delete my account first. But this forum is frankly much better now in terms of social interaction.

The other one is not what it used to be. I miss the good old days there when Missy and Rude were virtually running the place, good friends of mine like Meewee and Angelgirl were still highly active, and mods actually showed some indications of valuing my contributions, instead of dismissing them as making no difference, as one in effect did when he suggested that my departure would make no difference to the place at all!

I prefer to post where my efforts are appreciated.

Great to see you here. And no harm at all in being a member of as many forums as you wish. More options. :)

Thanks Steve. That's much appreciated. I agree that the other place isn't what it used to be and I miss some of the regulars who used to post there and keep it fresh.

To be honest, this forum is friendlier and more welcoming than the one I have ceased posting on.

Yep. . . the same can be said for me as well. My emails have been ignored for many years and many times I have been hushed and warned for saying the wrong things. I don't feel appreciated or welcomed in other places except for here.

Lizz

Yep. . . the same can be said for me as well. My emails have been ignored for many years and many times I have been hushed and warned for saying the wrong things. I don't feel appreciated or welcomed in other places except for here.

Yes, and in my case what no one knows.....until now....is that I sent a very placatory PM to a certain mod there about ten days ago, and copied in another, in which I acknowledged my own overreactions, took most of the blame onto my own shoulders, and said I was willing to make a fresh start if only they could meet me half way and make a fresh start with me. I also apologised for all the harsh things I said. And guess what? Not even the courtesy of a response! Which advertises malice and contempt for me loud and clear. Why would I ever want to contribute to such a forum where people like that are running the show?

I wonder why people dedicate so much time to bad-mouthing and arguing over the internet. It seems like such a waste of time and effort when you think of all the other things we could be doing.

I guess you have never been on a politics forum then. Compared to those places this is child's play. :laugh:

And no one here is arguing with anyone. I for my part am merely saying why I post here and don't post there, anymore. It's a legitimate enough point to make. And I don't believe it is a waste of time to make it. If those in charge here see what has gone awry elsewhere, the same pitfalls might be avoided here. And only a tiny percentage of my posts have ever made this kind of point anyway.

• 2 weeks later...