Pee shivers - poll

Pee shiver poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you sometimes have “pee shivers”?

• Male, yes
    • Male, no
    • Female, yes
    • Female, no

Posted (edited)

I’m surprised the topic of “pee shivers” has never come up here.  This is where you convulse suddenly, like a sudden chill, during or after peeing.

So I made a poll, asking if you’re male or female, and if you ever have pee shivers.  Post a reply with more details if you like.

For me (male), they’re occasional, usually if I’m standing up to pee, but sometimes when sitting too, usually if I’ve emptied my bladder quickly.  If I have a slow stream, I generally don’t shiver.

Although not on topic, I have had poop shivers occasionally too.

Edited by KP-has2P

As an adult I never get them. I have vague recollections, when reading descriptions of them, that I MIGHT have gotten them when younger, when relaxed sitting down (I always sat down to pee for much of my life).

• Like 1

Since I’m a sucker for details, here’s more info on my shiver pee from yesterday.  I had come in from being in the pool outside into an air conditioned house.  I was damp and a bit on the chilly side.  I don’t know if that put me closer to my “cold shiver” threshold to push me over with my pee, leading to the pee shiver.

I peed into the toilet standing, a fast flow stream (my bladder seems to choose a different mode every time, haha).  I was pretty full but not desperate, maybe 400-500 ml and a duration of 25-30ish seconds (I didn’t time or measure).  The shiver took place at the end as the stream was ending.

I only have them occasionally, and I don’t remember the details of the last time it happened, but it’s usually after a moderately full bladder fast pee, either as it’s tapering, or after I’m done.  It’s happened while sitting too, and even after pooping.  I don’t recall ever shivering during my morning pee, but that doesn’t mean it’s never happened.  I’m getting old and probably don’t remember. 😆  Also, my morning pees tend to be slower and/or accompanied by morning wood.

I’ll have to take note of things like bladder fullness, time of day, flow rate and how warm or cold I am next time it happens.