Unprotected mattress bedwetting

I may have some chances to try bedwetting again this week. Last time I tried it, I loved it, but it was too wet to be able to sleep. I am considering trying it for a little bit without my mattress protectors. For those of you with bedwetting expertise, do the sheets and blanket dry faster if there is no mattress protector, and how many times do I have to pee until it starts to become a "problem" for the mattress?

It's worth trying it! If this is your own bed and you really don't want to ruin it, it takes experimentation to get it right. Start small, since it quickly gets out of hand, in my experience, and once you ruin the mattress, it will require a lot of effort to clean, and you might have to replace it.

As with everything, it depends. The more air you can get to the sheets and blanket, and the less soaked they are, the faster they will dry. So if they aren't lying in a puddle (because your mattress has soaked most of it up), then they will dry much faster.

You really don't want to soak the mattress too much in one spot, because if it takes a long time to dry, mold will grow. The odor will be bad.

I spread my pee out, more or less, and since I live in a dry climate, it dries within hours. The core of the mattress does not get wet, only the top layer. I have a foam mattress.

I have peed my unprotected bed multiple times a day for a week straight with no permanent problems for the mattress. The piss smell gets stronger (which I like) but no foul odors.

In my experience, the good pee smells begin after a couple wettings. There are no foul odors unless you really soak it and it doesn't dry. I had that happen once where I soaked the mattress through and it was lying in a puddle of piss on the floor. Try to avoid getting piss deep into the mattress if you can since it won't dry. Unless you can put it out in the sun or something.

If you do get mold, or bad smells, you can always use either alcohol (which kills mold) or vinegar and baking soda, or a commercial cleaner. I've had good luck with one called Kids n Pets, which you can spray on the mattress and leave it to dry.

Edited by Ilovepeestains
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, GenericUsername said:

I may have some chances to try bedwetting again this week. Last time I tried it, I loved it, but it was too wet to be able to sleep. I am considering trying it for a little bit without my mattress protectors. For those of you with bedwetting expertise, do the sheets and blanket dry faster if there is no mattress protector, and how many times do I have to pee until it starts to become a "problem" for the mattress?

You should not have any problem sleeping with an unprotected mattress. Your pee will mostly soak away just leaving the bed pleasantly damp.

I found that just leaving the top covers off during the day was enough to dry the bed out to prevent any nasty smell and to allow the bed to be dry again by bed time.

I peed a lot in my bed before the mattress springs rusted through - that was the only problem that I had. I did not use any cleaning products on it - I just washed the sheets once a fortnight!

PP

• Love 2
  • Hot 2