My Nonchalant Dad

Hopefully ongoing story in which a narrator of your preferred gender recalls their memories of their dad peeing publicly or casually. Nothing sexual happens between the two of them. Enjoy!

My father is, in his own idiosyncratic ways, a Southern gentleman, if that was ever such a thing that exists. He has always been chivalrous, open-minded, and kind.  A pillar of strength, and a warm, friendly figure.

But he has his human side, and a fierce independent streak that means he does what he thinks is right, even when it might turn heads. And what he thinks is right tends to be a bit more permissive than what most people think.

I remember when I was in school, watching a marathon of the old western Gunsmoke with my dad, it was Saturday, or it was a minor federal holiday, or else it was a snow day. But we were both home and we spent the whole day together, eating popcorn and sweet tea and drinking beer. Or he drank beer mostly. Not to excess; my father wasn't an alcoholic, but he did take an excuse, when he saw it, to slowly work through most of a six pack.

Most, but not all. He let me have a single beer and it felt momentous. One step more in the glorious path to adulthood.

He sat in his big fatherly leather Lazyboy while I sat curled up on the couch, blanket thrown over me. Our chairs were turned so we had a clear view of each other out of the corner of an eye even when looking at the TV.

Shortly after he finished his first beer and a glass of sweet tea, around 1PM, he took his first bathroom break. It was at the end of an episode, before we'd started the next one, and he said "Wait a second. Piss break," and walked to the bathroom just across the hall. I saw him walk out but didn't hear him close the door, as usual. My dad was always casual and unconcerned about urination, his own and others. He saw it as a natural thing, and nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

But that didn't mean I wasn't a bit fixated on it. So as I often did, I pulled out my flip-phone and started the stopwatch.

I held my finger over the start button as I heard the click of the toilet lid opening, the quiet sssnnp of a zipper, muffled rustling, the loud clear sound of liquid hitting water, and then a low sigh from deep in my father's chest.

So distracted by the sound of Dad's relief, I almost forgot to start the timer. The splashing was loud, even from the next room, and his occasional groans of satisfaction could barely be heard over them.

Eventually, after 33 seconds, his stream tapered off and I stopped the timer, listening for any last splashes.  I tried to keep accurate count, but sometimes, those little spurts at the end were hard to hear.

There they were! Splash, splash, splash.
My dad's stream hit the water in spurts. And then a long silence. A rustle. Zznnp. No flush. No running water. My dad didn't believe he needed to wash his hands just because he pissed, and flushing just wasted water.

His relief done, he walked back to the living room and cheerfully sipped from his second beer. "Next episode?" was his only comment, but his tone was warm and loving

I nodded and pressed start, but I was thinking way more about my dad's piss than I ever did about the drama in Dodge.

• Love 3
  • Hot 1
On 10/20/2023 at 10:38 AM, toseepee said:

Hopefully ongoing story in which a narrator of your preferred gender recalls their memories of their dad peeing publicly or casually. Nothing sexual happens between the two of them. Enjoy!

My father is, in his own idiosyncratic ways, a Southern gentleman, if that was ever such a thing that exists. He has always been chivalrous, open-minded, and kind.  A pillar of strength, and a warm, friendly figure.

But he has his human side, and a fierce independent streak that means he does what he thinks is right, even when it might turn heads. And what he thinks is right tends to be a bit more permissive than what most people think.

I remember when I was in school, watching a marathon of the old western Gunsmoke with my dad, it was Saturday, or it was a minor federal holiday, or else it was a snow day. But we were both home and we spent the whole day together, eating popcorn and sweet tea and drinking beer. Or he drank beer mostly. Not to excess; my father wasn't an alcoholic, but he did take an excuse, when he saw it, to slowly work through most of a six pack.

Most, but not all. He let me have a single beer and it felt momentous. One step more in the glorious path to adulthood.

He sat in his big fatherly leather Lazyboy while I sat curled up on the couch, blanket thrown over me. Our chairs were turned so we had a clear view of each other out of the corner of an eye even when looking at the TV.

Shortly after he finished his first beer and a glass of sweet tea, around 1PM, he took his first bathroom break. It was at the end of an episode, before we'd started the next one, and he said "Wait a second. Piss break," and walked to the bathroom just across the hall. I saw him walk out but didn't hear him close the door, as usual. My dad was always casual and unconcerned about urination, his own and others. He saw it as a natural thing, and nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

But that didn't mean I wasn't a bit fixated on it. So as I often did, I pulled out my flip-phone and started the stopwatch.

I held my finger over the start button as I heard the click of the toilet lid opening, the quiet sssnnp of a zipper, muffled rustling, the loud clear sound of liquid hitting water, and then a low sigh from deep in my father's chest.

So distracted by the sound of Dad's relief, I almost forgot to start the timer. The splashing was loud, even from the next room, and his occasional groans of satisfaction could barely be heard over them.

Eventually, after 33 seconds, his stream tapered off and I stopped the timer, listening for any last splashes.  I tried to keep accurate count, but sometimes, those little spurts at the end were hard to hear.

There they were! Splash, splash, splash.
My dad's stream hit the water in spurts. And then a long silence. A rustle. Zznnp. No flush. No running water. My dad didn't believe he needed to wash his hands just because he pissed, and flushing just wasted water.

His relief done, he walked back to the living room and cheerfully sipped from his second beer. "Next episode?" was his only comment, but his tone was warm and loving

I nodded and pressed start, but I was thinking way more about my dad's piss than I ever did about the drama in Dodge.

Found this on archiveofourown, and comparing names you are the same person. 

You make good stories! 

Hopefully you continue some of them over there as well. 

10 hours ago, ThatPotato said:

Now I'm kinda curious, what's your username on ao3? (If you're comfortable)

I'm not really comfortable sharing as I feel like that would be kind of tacitly sharing stuff that's against site rules? But it's not hard to find or hidden.

• Like 1