Gentleman's Pee Pot

Following the previous find of a Ladies Pee Pot, another... I now have two Pee pots ( His & Hers ) from the same ongoing house clearance

A Gentleman's pee pot. Looks as best I can tell early to mid 20th century. Has an early "Boots" trademark

Perhaps some history experts may shed more light on dates & names, Etc

Horizontal capacity is circa 500ml.  Might be suitable for serving "wine" at a fun occasion 🙂

Pic 1 As found, bit dusty & dirty

Pic 2 After a wash

MPPbefore.jpg

MPPafter.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone from the UK will most likely be familiar with Boots the Chemists - the UK's largest national chemist / pharmacist chain, with a high street shop in almost every town.

Out of curiosity I've just looked at the history of their logo.   The company originated in the mid 19th century, something around 1850 and as shown below that logo was in use from 1883 through to the 1960s.  

For there to be products such as this bottle carrying the logo suggests that the company was prominent at that point, in terms of commissioning their own branded products and having a sufficient retail presence to distribute them.  So I'd guess mid 20th century...   guessing wildly.

Boots-Logo-History.thumb.jpg.55425141aa75f1de08dc776f94c95156.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Foobar said:

500ml seems small, that can easily be overfilled. How much can the bourdalou hold? 

Well... Measured both but subjective estimates for practicality and circumstance. So, if we go for about two thirds full ish

Bordalou holds about 750ml horizontal

Ceramic urine bottle holds about 500ml horizontal ish +/- 100ml as slight angle makes quite a difference. Vertical holds about 750ml

Both similar pending how and where they are used