Peeing with cats in the household

Hi guys, 

so the last couple of years I really enjoyed peeing all over my apartments, not only while living alone, but especially then. I've peed on carpets, chairs, into plants, on the floor and more. 

Now for half a year I own two cats and I stopped this behavior. Initially I stopped all naughty peeing around the house, since I felt that the cats would invade my privacy but by now I have gone to peeing into sinks and sometimes even some containers as well. 
What I really do miss though is just peeing on the floor, on my carpets, onto my bed and other furniture. But I really have some big worries there. 

Not only do I want to spare my cats from walking through or sniffing my pee. I also have the big fear that my cats will pickup on my behavior and start peeing around the flat as well. 
Having my older cat pee in my beanbag twice I know, it is a horrible experience. The smell is so distinct and difficult to get rid of. And they say, if they start once they might never stop. 

My cats are both male, the oldest one now almost a year old and castrated, the younger one is just becoming five months old. 

Do you guys have any experience with similar situations? Do you have some advice? It's basically not possible for me to reduce my naughty peeing to some place only I am allowed, because my flat is not too big and the cats are allowed in every room. 

Or maybe I don't have to worry at all? I mean after all they didn't start peeing into my toilet yet 🙂

I remember this one guy who used to post videos of himself peeing all over his place just like you want to do. He constantly had cats photobombing the videos staring at him like “what ya doing?”. No idea if his cats behaved but it didn’t stop him. Good luck and hope you get back to peeing everywhere. 

I have no idea whether or not you would inspire unfortunate habits in your cats. But even more perplexing is where you would find that out? 

Wait! I have an idea for a cover story. Ask a vet if you should use Nature's Miracle on places where your toddler had accidents? You've cleaned the areas with regular carpet cleaner but you're worried that your cats might still smell it and pick up the habit. 

• Agree 1