Any Musos Out There?

THE KEY OF P!

Locrian Altered Scale

B C D Eb E G A(Ab)

that's a B Mode (Locrian/Theoretical/Plagal/HyperPhrygian) with a flat 4th, flat 5th and flat 7th!
also the seventh is a bit like a melodic minor scale in that it is normal ascending and flatted decending

PISSY BLANKY

Pissy blanket on my bed
Pissy blanket over my head
Pissy blanket smells so nice
Spice it up every other night

CHORUS
    Give me a pissy blanket
    Give me a pissy bed
    I wanna a pissy girlfriend
    To wet all over my head

Pee on the floor and
Pee some more
Pee all over the place
Pee on the walls and
Pee on my balls
Wee all over my face

CHORUS
    Give me a pissy blanket
    Give me a pissy bed
    To wet all over my head

Pissy carpets
Pissy curtains
Pissy clothes and
Thats for certain

Pissy carpets
Pissy curtains
Pissy clothes and
Thats for certain

CHORUS
    Give me a pissy blanket
    Give me a pissy bed
    To wet all over my head

Repeat CHORUS while fade!

• Like 1

Like your innovation.   I'd love to know what actual tune you were thinking though - there are many ways you could take the notes from that scale that you defined.

I assume 4/4 timing and tried it with:

B C D Eb  D C C_
C D Eb G A Ab G Eb_
D C B C D Eb D_ 
Ab G Eb E E C B C_

G G G A Ab G_ E_
G G G A Ab G___
G G G A Ab G_ E_
G A G E Eb D_ C_

Not sure if I've understood your use of A and Ab correctly, but it seems to work. 
Where the letters on their own indicate crotchets, the underscore after a note indicate minims, the double underscore indicates a semibreve and the italic notes indicate quavers.

Then I realised that the number of notes per line varies for the other verses so I didn't go any further as it would need a different tune or subtle variations for each verse.

I kind of thought that I should resolve back to B as the root note of the scale for the last note, but it seemed to sound better finishing on C.

Thank you for your comments.   I'm interested in your C suggestion!  It sounds right to me when descending the scale!  I'm kind of playing on the melodic minor theory -  So Ascending scale has a normal 7th and a Descending one has a flat one.  I'm going to have a play with the scales you suggest.  I take it from the G scales that you play guitar?  Also I've only just noticed that you're talking about the actual song!  It's one of them weird things when you look the next day and feel a little bit embarrassed !  I'm not quite sure myself how the lyrics would line up with a melody to be honest.  A friend of mine is currently playing about with this scale using keyboards and all kinds of  technology and it seems to sound okay so who knows............

I've never seriously tried to put a melody to lyrics before so this a new learning experience for me.  I really like you're underscore system and if I've understood it correctly then this is kind of what I'm starting with.

B C Eb D B_C_

B C E D B_C_

Very similar to your first suggestion also for the chorus I'm playing about with this 6 string chord 

(Why the hell is this message double spaced? Cant find the option!!!!)

E open

B open

Ab 1st fret

D open

B 2nd fret

E open

Don't know if you play guitar or not.

I like the ;

G A G E Eb D_C_ one!

also was listening to this version of Hava Nagila and a lot of this seems to go with my words!

https://youtu.be/_SPXDAX4Ci8

Thank you for you're suggestions - I'll let you know how I get on........

Sorry, I missed your earlier replies.   

I don't play guitar, but I dabble in the piano.  Like you, self taught and I'm no expert at all.  I think I answered the specific questions in response to the PM you sent me, but let me know if not.

• 2 weeks later...