racing drivers wetting in their cars

posting this in the men’s section because, unfortunately, formula 1 et al are still overwhelmingly male. 

a friend who is very into f1 has informed me that it’s not uncommon for drivers to wet themselves in their cars, or at least threaten to, whether that’s while waiting during a red flag (when all drivers have to stop during a race because of a safety concern) or just during the race. she also mentioned that it’s much more common in the le mans 24 hours race, as you might imagine. there, drivers apparently openly piss in their suits, all over their cars. 

plenty of material here for piss/omo fans, i reckon: desperate drivers on the radio to their engineers, the little sighs of relief just audible as the engineers realise they’ve let go. drivers getting into trouble with said engineers for getting piss all over their expensive cars. wet patches on their clothes underneath their suits and on the seats. races as holding competitions…the list goes on! any thoughts from anyone?

(and if anyone needs any further inspiration, i would suggest googling george russell, who has the angelic good looks of every gay man’s first high school crush. or am i alone in this?)

• Like 1

Apparently

Johnny Herbert was well known for pissing in his car, it amused him that the mechanics had to mop it up. Not sure if that is actually true but sounds very likely.

Drivers have to be well hydrated and you often see them rush for a piss just before the start.

What about Indy 500 which goes on for 4 hours.

What about the lady drivers, I have often thought whether they also piss in the car. I would love the thought of Danica Patrick pissing her race suit.

Edited by JesseP
Added a bit more
  • Hot 1
1 hour ago, runningback said:

most of the drivers are in their teens or 20s for thier fast reflexes. i would think their bladders would be able to hold a lot at that age. 

As I understand it,  it's about the risk that if they suffer a moderate impact, the sudden force could easily compress and burst a full bladder just as easily as you or I falling on a balloon (except that is only 1g).

So as said, racing drivers do hydrate up before driving and also drink through tubes during longer races. Energy drinks to keep the mind alert and help avoid muscle cramps.  Then as the bladder fills it is about them choosing to pee rather than hold a full bladder and risk a potentially life threatening injury should they crash.

• Agree 1