Recently I was at a large outdoor event in a field which, as such events do, means Portaloos!

I was at a block which comprised six individual units laid in a row, the queue starting from one end. The end cubicle had its door ripped off and so was open to the world, so nobody was using it.

I was second in the queue with one person in front of me. A girl ran towards the toilets from the other direction, looked at them and the queue and crossed her legs. She said "does anyone want to use this one?". The lady in front of me pointed out that the door had been pulled off so it was open. "I don't care" she replied.

She was about 20 with long straight mousy brown hair and wore a tight figure-hugging grey patterned dress. She went into the doorless portaloo, pulled her knickers (turquoise lace with pink edging) down to her knees and hovered over the toilet, having a long and obviously well-needed pee. She wiped with a hand towel and left, blasee about having openly urinated in front of a queue of people.

• Like 4

That was fantastic. You were so lucky pwpj. I'm surprised the girl didn't go round behind the portaloos to at least get some shielding, but she obviously thought it was better to pee in a toilet in full view than to squat round the back, which would also be exposed, but might also seem innappropriate to her.

Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on one's view of the matter) the portaloos were right up against a perimeter fence wall, so there was no sheilding to be had!

• 3 weeks later...
While most here would not have a problem (and in fact would enjoy) sharing a bathroom with a partner, there are many people in this world who consider urination something to be hidden. Even in the privacy of their own home, they close and lock the bathroom door to pee.

There is also the fact that the standard port-o-pot does not have a lot of room in it. There is not enough floor space for a man to stand and use the urinal and a woman to hover over the seat at the same time

You bring up a good point! There are couples out there, they may be married or not, it might even just be for a one night stand, they've engaged in terrific sex all night. However, when either one of them needs to use the bathroom, they close and sometimes lock the door. Are they afraid that their partner might see something they haven't seen before.

I dated this guy, we were out walking on a trail. I knelt in front of him and gave him oral sex. When we finished, he needed to pee. He walked a few steps and turned away so I couldn't see. Was I going to see something I haven't seen before?

Me and my boyfriend were at a festival once, and we all know what festival toilets are like, and the queue was massive, but we weren't that desperate so we waited, when it got to our turn, only 1 portaloo was available, so we both went in..

Now as it has been stated previously they aren't the biggest of things so this is how we conquered it.....

I was wearing a skirt (which I always do at festivals, without knickers, its easier to sit on the grass to pee, you don't even need to get your bum out just make sure your not sitting on your skirt :) ) anyway, i stepped up onto the toilet seat and placed my back against the wall, and lifted my dress, squatting slightly, and my boyfriend stood facing me and we both pee'd... it worked quite well, but i had to ensure i let it dribble out slowly so I didn't cover him in pee...

• Like 1
  • Hot 3