Peeing in Literature.

Has anyone got any quotes of descriptions of peeing in the world of literature, by that I mean novels, (historical or contemporary) and/or poetry. I'll start the ball rolling by quoting from Philip Roth's Portnoy's Complaint. (1969).

'...And as for his schlong, to me, with that fingertip of a prick that my mother likes to refer to in public (once, okay, but that once will last a lifetime) as my "little thing", his schlong brings to mind the fire hoses coiled along the corridors at school. Schlong: The word somehow catches exactly the brutishness, the meatishness, that I admire so, the sheer mindless, weighty, and unselfconscious dangle of that living piece of hose through which he passes streams of water as thick and strong as rope - while I deliver forth slender yellow threads that my euphemistic mother calls "a sis". A sis, I think, is undoubtedly what my sister makes, little yellow threads that you can sew with..."Do you want to make a sis?" she asks me - when I want to make a torrent, I want to make a flood: I want like does to shift the tides of the toilet bowl!'

I love some of the descriptive words for peeing in this extract: 'Water as thick as strong rope', and 'slender yellow threads', never mind the euphemism: 'A Sis', a new one on me!

• Like 1

Ooh - there's a whole thread started by Admin some time ago: 

Some of the posts have quotes. I put one in there from one of Durrell's Alexandria Quartet novels (near the end of that thread).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Kupar said:

Ooh - there's a whole thread started by Admin some time ago: 

Some of the posts have quotes. I put one in there from one of Durrell's Alexandria Quartet novels (near the end of that thread).

Excellent, I never realised that there was such an extensive list! Thank you ❤️

• Like 1
21 hours ago, greedyneedygirl said:

Has anyone got any quotes of descriptions of peeing in the world of literature, by that I mean novels, (historical or contemporary) and/or poetry. I'll start the ball rolling by quoting from Philip Roth's Portnoy's Complaint. (1969).

'...And as for his schlong, to me, with that fingertip of a prick that my mother likes to refer to in public (once, okay, but that once will last a lifetime) as my "little thing", his schlong brings to mind the fire hoses coiled along the corridors at school. Schlong: The word somehow catches exactly the brutishness, the meatishness, that I admire so, the sheer mindless, weighty, and unselfconscious dangle of that living piece of hose through which he passes streams of water as thick and strong as rope - while I deliver forth slender yellow threads that my euphemistic mother calls "a sis". A sis, I think, is undoubtedly what my sister makes, little yellow threads that you can sew with..."Do you want to make a sis?" she asks me - when I want to make a torrent, I want to make a flood: I want like does to shift the tides of the toilet bowl!'

I love some of the descriptive words for peeing in this extract: 'Water as thick as strong rope', and 'slender yellow threads', never mind the euphemism: 'A Sis', a new one on me!

That is good, descriptive writing--but I'm having trouble inferring the context here. Is it a girl talking about watching her boyfriend/male crush? or a sister being envious of how her brother pees? or something else?

On 4/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, Carb0nBased said:

That is good, descriptive writing--but I'm having trouble inferring the context here. Is it a girl talking about watching her boyfriend/male crush? or a sister being envious of how her brother pees? or something else?

The narrator is Alex Portnoy the protagonist of the story, he is in therapy, discussing his life and how it has effected his addiction for masturbation.