Speed?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How does the site's loading speeds feel to you today?

• Quick!
    • OK!
    • Slow!

A few small changes have just been made that should hopefully help the site run a little quicker.

However, please use the poll to indicate how the site is running for you.

And feel free to add any additional comments below.

Thanks.

At the end of last week, after the colour scheme change, I tried using the 'Unread Content' in the top right - and found that if I viewed it, clicked and looked at a post on the list, then navigated back, it then took a few seconds to show the revised Unread Content list.

I'm guessing that was the time to recompile the unread list - today it seems far quicker and no issue with delay.

(Could be a site fix, could be that I've been into around half the topic areas and marked all topics as read).   

2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

At the end of last week, after the colour scheme change, I tried using the 'Unread Content' in the top right - and found that if I viewed it, clicked and looked at a post on the list, then navigated back, it then took a few seconds to show the revised Unread Content list.

I'm guessing that was the time to recompile the unread list - today it seems far quicker and no issue with delay.

(Could be a site fix, could be that I've been into around half the topic areas and marked all topics as read).   

Honestly the 'unread content' feature, or 'activity' is always likely to load a little slower because it's got to build a list of content tailored to you, rather than loading the same page for everyone. Hopefully it's still only a couple of seconds, but normal to be relatively a little slower than everything else. 

Obviously site speeds in general have a huge mix of variables - including your own internet connection speeds and current server load - but hopefully these recent tweaks should just make things a little speedier when browsing in general.

• Thanks 1