Do you believe in ghosts?

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes
    • No

I must admit that I actually do. I believe that we all have immortal souls that have evolved over time through successive reincarnations, with our souls spending time in a spritual afterlive between incarnations. I believe that ghosts are the souls of dead people who for some reason have not passed on into the spirit world.

I believe in ghosts, and know that I have seen them on more than one occasion. I'm a little less certain about my various hypothesis for "how" they exist, but I'm fairly certain that "ghosts" and "spirits" are no exactly the same thing. I don't know why I think this, or where I got the idea from, but for as far back as I can remember I've believed we have somewhere between 5 and 7 bodies, of which our physical body is only one. Of the remaining "bodies" which are non-physical, one remains on earth until it disappates (resulting in "sentient haunting") and another gets reincarnated. Also, I don't think every thing we call a "ghost" is the same thing. There have been incidents of mediums reporting "spirits" or "the presence" of people who had not yet died, but were instead either in a coma, or incarcerated in prison. The coma could be explained in terms of out-of-body experience, but someone in prison is leading a structured life and unlikely to be intentionally projecting themselves. This to me supports an idea I spontaneously started believing and telling people as a child, the idea that a good percentage of the "ghosts" people report are actually "thought forms". Thought forms are similar to spirits, but generally lack full consciousness and are generated by focused intent.