Extreme Thirst

I have noticed that I am always really thirsty, and I usually chug 2 or 3 glasses of water at a time. When I wake up in the morning after I brush my teeth, I generally chug 3 or 4 glasses of water. I also drink a lot of water before going to sleep, but since I have measured my night pees, I know that my bladder would not wake me up unless it fills beyond 1.6 liters. It seems like my bladder has adjusted to me drinking a lot of water since I usually pee at least 1 liter or more each time, but I am worried about being so thirsty all the time. I have had blood tests and urine tests before, and they are all normal. I know for a fact that I don't have diabetes. Do you think this could be indicative of any other health or bladder issues?

3 hours ago, rajpatel1993 said:

I have noticed that I am always really thirsty, and I usually chug 2 or 3 glasses of water at a time. When I wake up in the morning after I brush my teeth, I generally chug 3 or 4 glasses of water. I also drink a lot of water before going to sleep, but since I have measured my night pees, I know that my bladder would not wake me up unless it fills beyond 1.6 liters. It seems like my bladder has adjusted to me drinking a lot of water since I usually pee at least 1 liter or more each time, but I am worried about being so thirsty all the time. I have had blood tests and urine tests before, and they are all normal. I know for a fact that I don't have diabetes. Do you think this could be indicative of any other health or bladder issues?

Some people are just different. One of my friends has a like 8-liter water bottle that they use because they drink so much water. I probably drink a little more than average as well but mainly to ensure I won't get headaches. Do whatever makes you feel good and if you have concerns, bring it up with a doctor. In my very unprofessional opinion, I think you are perfectly healthy but it never hurts to check with a doctor if you're worried about it.

• Like 1