Aircraft Toilets...

Hey folks,

I've just read pee01's post about toilet seat covers and it's brought another little question to light..

I mentioned in the reply that these are pretty common in aircraft toilets but my question is more about the aircraft toilets themselves, how do you use them? Do you sit/squat/stand? Do you lift the seat? Or try and avoid them at all costs...

It would be interesting to know what goes on behind those closed doors 😉

Thanks in advance for all your replies

Si

I try to avoid them at all costs. Not because I don't like using them but because I hate all the eyes on me as I'm walking down the aisle! 

But when I have used them, I've never had an issue of sitting down on the seat and having my wee.

• Like 1

I bet you dont like thinking strangers know where youre going.Imagine if a pee freak was on the plane they would be locking on to you and thinking of you in there..as we do ourselves.They might suddenly go stand outside as if they are waiting but really trying to listen...those dirty perverts.😊

• Haha 1

We seem to have so few toilets for so many passengers so there's always a queue, especially after the meal service. We also carry people from all walks of life (people that know how to use them and those that don't) so they're often left in different stages of cleanliness. Cue the crew to check and clean them when needed....

It's interesting you mentioned about people watching you walk through the cabin though or, as F.W said, standing outside listening. Had never really thought about that.

With the toilets not having any water in though would you still hear much? So many questions.. lol

I used to always sit in the back of the plane when flying. I've had the seat right outside the bathroom. All I could hear was the door and the flush. Couldn't hear any noises from inside. Of course, I also got hit on the shoulder with the ass of every large woman coming out of the bathroom for the entire flight.

Since airlines are flying these tiny little commuter jets now, the bathrooms are very small. On one flight I couldn't even stand straight in front of the toilet because my shoulders wouldn't fit. I had to stand sideways and aim.