Any iCloud password or sbcglobal email experts here

Mark J

Don't know what your issue is, but Apple are very good at helping out with iCloud password issues - especially if you can get to an Apple Store.  Don't know anything about sbcglobal mail though.

Usually with iCloud, you have it on more than one device and if you have password difficulties then you can get reset information sent to one or more devices by validating your pin on another device.

59 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Don't know what your issue is, but Apple are very good at helping out with iCloud password issues - especially if you can get to an Apple Store.  Don't know anything about sbcglobal mail though.

Usually with iCloud, you have it on more than one device and if you have password difficulties then you can get reset information sent to one or more devices by validating your pin on another device.

I have worked wth Apple for one year now. 

Readers digest version: gf’s deceased ex bf set up her iCloud account. Unfortunately he answered the security questions and recovery email as himself, but it is absolutely her account. We cannot answer the questions, and recently discovered that he used a now inactive sbcglobal  email for recovery.  She used that id/password for 3 yrs after his passing with no issues. Then one day the account was locked. Based on the above Apple refuses to unlock it. I’ve gone as far as contacting Tara Bunch with no luck, so I was just grasping at straws for some possible strategy I have not thought of. 

The phone is not locked, but everything associated with it requires logging into iCloud. If she gets a new phone or new iCloud account she loses all the info on her phone. The major issue is her text messages. Yes I know they will always be on original phone and there are 3rd party apps that claim she can transfer them, but they have proved non reliable in the past. 

Edited by Mark J