Chat room on this site

Like no doubt plenty of others, this isn't the first site or forum I've stumbled across and I've been a member of pool chat for a few years now and whilst it used to be a good place to go and have a chat and a laugh of an evening it seems that the last year or so it's declined. Whilst there are still plenty of people logged in a lot of the time, getting to know people and having a sensible discussion is nigh on impossible most of the time.

There seems to be plenty of active people on here posting regularly in all different parts of the forum both fetish stuff and just chatting every day things (I've certainly got probably far too involved politically!) but I have noticed that for a pretty active forum the chat room seems pretty unused. Just wondering if that's something that people would want to get more involved in or if it's just a dip that happens now and again?

I think that part of the problem is that the chat is on the main forum page, and is not visible when people are visiting other parts of the site. I have seen other chat rooms that can be open in a different window, and many that have a sound effect when there is a new post

You're probably right there with most of that. Think large number of lurkers who don't actually contribute might be a factor as well. Right now 96 people on and only 8 of them registered