Using an airplane toilet

Recently I traveled by airplane and I had a long scheduled lay-over. I always request assistance when going through airports to make traveling easier. Often the person who walks with me doesn’t speak English as their first language, sometimes this makes communication challenging. So this trip I felt lucky because the person assisting me asked restroom as we were walking to my transfer flight gate. I said yes figuring that I will take this opportunity since I had a very long wait between planes. No problems at this point, just the annoying challenge of finding things in a unfamiliar multiple person men’s room, thank you Joe public for verbal guidance.
I was shown to a seat at the gate area for my next plane. Finally a few hours later the time came for boarding my second flight. At this time no thought or need to pee. Wel during take off my bladder said hello “empty me”. When I noticed people moving in the isle I pressed the flight attendant call button. When she got to me, I asked if she would show me where the rest room was and she did.
Ok getting familiarized with airplane toilet, I think I got it. Standing facing the toilet with the lid and seat up, the curving airplane side in my face, I open my pants, pulled out my penis and point it down. Since I cannot see my unfamiliar pee target (note with familiar toilets I just release into the puddle) but with unfamiliar targets I typically let a small spurt out and listen for the puddle. Well with all the noise in a plane rest room I didn’t hear any pee sound. Ok, what to do! I didn’t want to make a mess since it probably would be obvious who made the mess. Influenced by reading this web site content I had an idea. Reached to my left and verify that the sink did have running water. Turned to my left and released the full content of my bladder in to the impromptu urinal. When I finished, put away my penis, pushed the flush button (to appear as normal rest room use) and washed my hands. The flight attended gave me assistance relocating my seat.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

You did the right thing there @BlindListener.  You were being respectful of your surroundings and fellow passengers and did what would cause the least mess and had some fun into the bargain.   I guess it isn't appropriate to ask the flight attendant to assist with aiming when you can't see the target........

• Agree 2