holding in marine corps basic training

(7) Ted Griffith's answer to Are you hungry a lot in the USMC boot camp, or do you get fed well? - Quora

You eat three times a day in Marine Corps boot camp. Almost always. When you are in the field that might be just some down time to snack on some MRE, but meals are almost sacrosanct in the Corps.

Your individual mileage may vary. Marines love to tell horror stories about no chow for days. No water. No food. No happiness. You do not have much time to eat in boot camp. Maybe 5 minutes. Which doesn’t seem like long, but if you are focused on just eating you can shovel in a pound of food in no time.

I do not recall being hungry that much in boot camp. I recall having to piss for 3 months though. It was the worst. I had to piss. Many guys pissed themselves. They might ask to go piss. The DI doesn’t have time for 70+ recruits to go pee, so requests are denied. So men pissed themselves and I do not look down on them. I had to piss so much, so often that I just about pissed myself a dozen times. I was able not to do so. Had I have pissed it would have been water because you drink so much water.

Having to piss all the time was worse than the pool, the range, the tests, the PFT, the any damn thing in boot camp. I still remember having to piss and it’s been over 20 years. I went in 1997. Right at 25 years ago. Damn.

Semper Fi!

I was in the Air Force (not really the military, I know) and one time a trainee asked our TI if he could use the bathroom right before our Flight pictures were taken. Our TI said no, and then the trainee asked again, and our TI again said no. Finally he decided to walk off and go to the bathroom and when our TI asked him where he was going, he said “fuck you.”

He received an “unsat” for the week and was immediately told to go pack his things as he would be getting recycled back a week in training. When he packed his things he slammed the locker so the TI then decided to send him back two weeks in training. Later in tech school I saw the same trainee and he described it as one of the biggest regrets of his life. He should have just pissed himself.

Marine here. If it was not a scheduled head call (bathroom break) we were ask if it was an emergency. If our response was “yes” we had to run there and back making a “loud as possible” ambulance siren sound all the way. It discouraged those that were not actually emergencies. I went through in 76 so…. I do not remember anyone unable to wait (there were a few ‘emergencies’) but these were rare. Parris Island in late summer so I guess we sweated out virtually every drop we drank.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jim fisher said:

(7) Ted Griffith's answer to Are you hungry a lot in the USMC boot camp, or do you get fed well? - Quora

You eat three times a day in Marine Corps boot camp. Almost always. When you are in the field that might be just some down time to snack on some MRE, but meals are almost sacrosanct in the Corps.

Your individual mileage may vary. Marines love to tell horror stories about no chow for days. No water. No food. No happiness. You do not have much time to eat in boot camp. Maybe 5 minutes. Which doesn’t seem like long, but if you are focused on just eating you can shovel in a pound of food in no time.

I do not recall being hungry that much in boot camp. I recall having to piss for 3 months though. It was the worst. I had to piss. Many guys pissed themselves. They might ask to go piss. The DI doesn’t have time for 70+ recruits to go pee, so requests are denied. So men pissed themselves and I do not look down on them. I had to piss so much, so often that I just about pissed myself a dozen times. I was able not to do so. Had I have pissed it would have been water because you drink so much water.

Having to piss all the time was worse than the pool, the range, the tests, the PFT, the any damn thing in boot camp. I still remember having to piss and it’s been over 20 years. I went in 1997. Right at 25 years ago. Damn.

Semper Fi!

I was in the Air Force (not really the military, I know) and one time a trainee asked our TI if he could use the bathroom right before our Flight pictures were taken. Our TI said no, and then the trainee asked again, and our TI again said no. Finally he decided to walk off and go to the bathroom and when our TI asked him where he was going, he said “fuck you.”

He received an “unsat” for the week and was immediately told to go pack his things as he would be getting recycled back a week in training. When he packed his things he slammed the locker so the TI then decided to send him back two weeks in training. Later in tech school I saw the same trainee and he described it as one of the biggest regrets of his life. He should have just pissed himself.

Marine here. If it was not a scheduled head call (bathroom break) we were ask if it was an emergency. If our response was “yes” we had to run there and back making a “loud as possible” ambulance siren sound all the way. It discouraged those that were not actually emergencies. I went through in 76 so…. I do not remember anyone unable to wait (there were a few ‘emergencies’) but these were rare. Parris Island in late summer so I guess we sweated out virtually every drop we drank.

I love the idea of loads of military guys,call over hydrated and desperate to pee 😀