Desperate Early Morning Pee on the Sidewalk

This happened Wednesday morning. I’d had some really strong tea the night before, and while the caffeine didn’t keep me awake, it must have done something to my bladder because I woke up about 30 minutes before my alarm with a painful urge. Unfortunately, the sole bathroom was occupied, and I sat there for 5 minutes hoping they’d get out, but then the shower turned on. It was raining pretty hard, and that sound didn’t help anything.  

I normally wake up at quarter to 6 to get ready to catch the bus that comes around 6 to get to work, but after checking the bus times and seeing one would come in 15 minutes (roughly 5:50ish) minutes, I made up my mind to get ready, head to the bust stop, and find a big enough car to hide behind and pee before the bus came, since I figured I would be alone this early in the morning, and the rain would hide any puddle I made.

I was wrong about being alone. On my way to the bus stop, there was a lady walking about 20 feet ahead of me, who stayed and waited at the bus stop.

So I headed to the next stop, which was about a block away, but before I crossed the street, I turned the corner. Found a nice spot where there was a big tree and a van, blocked myself on one side with my umbrella, and whipped it out with seconds to spare. I wasn’t even in any mind to count; I just knew it took long enough that I was concerned about cars coming down the road at random. I was careful to aim for the already wet ground, but let a bit splash on the car I was hiding behind, knowing the rain would wash it off anyway. 

• Hot 2