An interesting snippet of conversation.

Back in those pre-internet days, such little snippets of conversation tended to have a powerful effect upon the imagination, lol. We had to get our thrills however they came.
Yes, growing up in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, we had to use our imagination, didn't we?

Every last bit of conversation was examined for nuances and double-meanings. It almost makes you want to relive the good old days. But, ALMOST! For, without the internet, none of us would be here!

Actually we would still be, but here would not be here :biggrin:
I suppose! While I'm sure the internet has expanded the opportunities, as far as I know it hasn't yet been directly responsible with conception.
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, growing up in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, we had to use our imagination, didn't we?

Every last bit of conversation was examined for nuances and double-meanings. It almost makes you want to relive the good old days. But, ALMOST! For, without the internet, none of us would be here!

For sure. I was present in 1996 at the age of 31 when another interesting snippet of conversation emerged. It had turned out that the then 24 year old girl in the flat above me - a bit of a wild one - knew the guy in the flat opposite me who was in his early 20s. They'd known each other since their school days. One day the guy was in my flat with me, just inside my open door chatting, when the girl in the flat upstairs came in the front door and joined us. The snippet of conversation that I heard from her and have remembered word for word went as follows:- "I think I might need to use your toilet in a minute. I'm dying for a wee. I haven't been all day." A small pause, then, "Aww, and I've been to the pub. It's going to be a long wee." She then looked at me, saying, "Boring, innit?"

But the really interesting bit came next. She looked at the other guy whom she'd known since school days, and smirked as she said, "Mind you, going toilet can be fun sometimes." And they both knowingly grinned at something private between them. I have always wondered what that meant.