Sticky stains

Hello dear fellow Peefans!

I have a strange question:

I've been a real bedwetting lover for some years now, but only recently I started to experiment with rewetting my pissed-on sheets. This morning I have peed for the 7th time in my already very stained sheet and now the sheet is drying hanging over a chair so I can reuse and rewet it the coming night. As the stains are becoming more yellow I notice that the darker edges of the stains don't really dry completely. They stay a bit sticky. Is there a way to avoid this? Does anyone have experienced if it's better to leave the sheet drying on the bed or maybe hang it outside in the wind or maybe even put it in a tumble dryer?

It would be very helpful to hear your advice!

Cheers,

RDC

I have no experience of this, but I have a possible answer.    Did you ever do Chromatography at school?  i.e. you put an ink or a chemical on a filter paper with a solvent (often water) and then watch as the spot spreads along the paper.   The ink or chemical separates out into its component colours as different components have different attractions to the paper and solvent and move at different speeds.    The result is bands of colours across the paper.  It is a process that can be used to test for purity or to separate out chemicals in a solution or colours in an ink to find the components e.g. https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2020/07/ink-chromatography/ or for a more science based version: https://keystagewiki.com/index.php/Chromatography

So,  You will no doubt have noticed when you pee on your bed that you end up with a spreading stain, which has different colours - particularly near the edges.  I think what you are finding is that some components of your urine are travelling with the solvent (water - as pee is various chemicals in water) to the edge of the stain.  Those chemicals which travel to the edge are then sedimented out of the solvent and remain on the sheet.  When the sheet dries, the water evaporates, but some of the chemicals in the pee won't evaporate, but will be left on the sheets.  If those particular components are sticky residues, then it might seem like they never dry.   The only solution (sorry) is to to re-dissolve the chemicals and flush them out - i.e. wash the sheet.

I don't know whether you have protection on the mattress, but if not, you would also see the same kind of results of colour differences on the mattress stains.  The level of staining will depend significantly on how dilute your pee is and how often you repeat the process, adding more and more to the mattress will gradually intensify the stains.

Photo below illustrates the way that you can see pee rings where the residue is carried to the edge of the stain and how it is more intense where there have been multiple wettings.

Clean Urine out of a Foam Mattress

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow @Alfresco thank you very much for your kind explanation! I didn't think about that. So it's clear that it is the residu which is sticky. It makes my experiment a bit more challenging because I do like the sight of the stains a lot but I'm not so fond about the stickiness...

• Like 1