Saw a woman peeing at the beach today (though mostly hidden)

Always good to know someone is peeing, even if you can’t see much.  There is actually something wonderful bout a girl hiding in plain sight - I.e you can see her, she knows you can see her, but she is hiding sufficiently to pee anyway.

I seriously wouldn’t worry about other people noticing you investigating the puddle.  Maybe the lady herself might be suspicious, but nobody else would even link the two events - even if they noticed you at all.   Even the lady who peed would probably not consider that the reason you climbed the dune was to investigate her damp patch unless you did it immediately after she peed and even if she did, you don’t know her and she is hardly likely to challenge you about it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Alfresco said:

I seriously wouldn’t worry about other people noticing you investigating the puddle.  Maybe the lady herself might be suspicious, but nobody else would even link the two events - even if they noticed you at all.   Even the lady who peed would probably not consider that the reason you climbed the dune was to investigate her damp patch unless you did it immediately after she peed and even if she did, you don’t know her and she is hardly likely to challenge you about it.

I certainly think the lady herself noticed me watching her climb and wondering what she was doing, even though as I said I just glanced for brief moments over in that direction while walking and didn't stop to stare. When I was sat down on the beach a little bit further down, and she came back down to the beach, I think I even caught her looking over in my direction to see if I was still around. At that point I was quite far away, relatively speaking--far too far away for me to have made out her face for instance, possibly to even tell it was a woman had I not seen her go up there before, and too far to see the place where she had been peeing. She may not have known why I had been looking at her, it's possible she just thought she might have offended me.

I also may have stuck out more because I had a camera with me. Its purpose was of course not to take pictures of anyone peeing, you never know what cool things you will see on the beach, from pretty waves, to seals, to the cliffs themselves, to--yes--cute surfer babes. I didn't take any pictures of her or the spot where she was, but it may have drawn attention.

To clarify why her climbing up there was so obvious, as well as why me myself climbing might have drawn attention, and also to help your imagination of my story, I will reiterate that these weren't "dunes" as you'd normally think of them, but sandy cliffs. They were vaguely similar in height and steepness to this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Low_sandy_cliffs_near_Godrevy_Farm_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1545334.jpg, but covered with loose white sand and tall beach grass like dunes rather than gravelly sandstone and low scrub like in the linked picture. She first stopped about halfway up and, realizing she was still too visible, went to the top edge of the vegetation. There was no "other side" to these cliffs that you could get to by climbing over them, just the flat ground above--getting to that would have been the only other conceivable reason to climb them. I could have climbed all the way up and then maybe shot a picture or two of the beach from up there--that wouldn't have looked suspicious (in fact I've done similar in the past)--but just going partway up and then poking around in the beach grass would have been weird soon after she did it IMO.

It was actually almost a comically BAD place on that beach to try and pee. At other places on the same beach there ARE regular dunes that if you climbed over them you could easily squat without being visible from the beach. I've seen people walk in/out of them and suspected that some were going/had gone to pee but you'd never actually know. At other places, it looks even more like the picture I linked and there are deep valleys eroded in the sandstone going back from the beach into the cliffs--in fact I've peed in one of those myself at least once before.

Edited by Carb0nBased
  • Like 2