Holding without wetting

I think mine was probably at least 20-25 years ago, and I'm sure I couldn't do it now....

We were on a holiday to Sri Lanka at one of the periods where it was relatively safe to visit the island, and what a paradise it was - a beachfront modern hotel with no reason to leave its  gates.  However we did book a couple of excursions, the first of which was one of the standard tourist ones with about a dozen tourists picked up in a small coach.

The second trip was a longer one, to go on safari and it turned out to be just my wife and I with two guides in one of those Toyota minivan things.  There weren't any motorways or even A-roads as such, just winding country roads through forest / jungle terrain and the occasional village.  I can't remember how far into the journey I first noticed my bladder, and to be fair it was a case of a very slow and gradual filling from the point of 'there's that feeling' onwards to the 'I could cope with going for a pee now'.

It must have been approaching two hours or so from the initial first feeling to the point of I really need a pee.  I asked the driver if we could stop for the toilet somewhere and he confidently replied that they had a stop planned.  Twenty minutes or so later and we were still driving, by which point I was in some pain, but they carried on.

It got to the point of me asking if they could just stop for a moment, we were after all in the middle of a forest - but they just carried on driving.  By this point I was in a lot of pain and definitely couldn't sit still.  After a couple more minutes (although felt like hours) they turned off the road to a country tea room, parked and let us out into the hot, humid fresh air.

The guide showed me directly around to the bathroom which was a single door on the outside of the building around the side. Inside was only an asian squat toilet hole on the floor with the two moulded footsteps either side.  I think from memory it took a few seconds before I could release anything, but once it started the continuous flow was sheer bliss, the feeling of that pain subsiding was amazing.

(I may be wrong but I think my wife outlasted me by far, I don't recall her going at all until back at the hotel - she's one of these ladies who'd wait rather than using unsatisfactory facilities.  When we first met she was a hairdresser and the toilet at the salon she worked at was 'disgusting'. The number of times she burst through the door at the end of a working day absolutely bursting....)