Question for you Ladies who travel by air:

Do you ever SQUAT or HOVER when you pee in the public toilets ON BOARD AIRPLANES, while flying?

Why? And especially, WHY NOT, if you DO squat over public toilets on land?

Possible reasons which come to mind include the very cramped quarters in on-board bathrooms, which may render squatting more difficult than usual, if not impossible, and the motion of the aircraft itself, particularly with turbulence, which may cause problems with balance. Sitting all the way down is obviously a more stable posture.

But I assume that most women who squat over public toilets, on land, do so for concerns about cleanliness, or lack of it, in public facilities, and I would think those concerns would be the same for airborne facilities.

This piques my interest, because I very rarely see pee dribbles on aircraft toilet seats, when I visit the on-board bathrooms on airplanes, immediately after a woman has vacated one, while I see them fairly commonly on the seats of landlocked toilets, in unisex bathrooms, under the same circumstances.

Probably not very helpful to you but the few times I've peed on a plane I've just sat down, but I also pretty much always sit when I use public toilets so I'm not sure what that tells you.

• Thanks 1
  • Hot 1