"Diane:" A Very Intimate Conversation. Part 3

Brutus,

" I want to see what happens at her house now!"

Thanks for your interest. I am still editing and doing some minor re-phrasing on the happenings at her house, but plan on posting it very soon. I don't think that you will be disappointed. At least I hope not.

"But in reality, it's sad that she won't speak at all anymore, and the friendship completely died."

I really did see her at the gym, this past weekend, as I said in the epilogue. She has grown out and re-styled her hair, and is looking prettier than ever. I am thinking that I may simply comment on it, at some point, saying something like, "Hey "Diane," love your hair," just to see if I get a neutral response, or an angry tirade.

I had discussed my friendship with "Diane" with a totally Platonic woman friend, as it was happening. When I reported the fact that "Diane" had showed me the surgical scar from her hip replacement, she warned me that "Diane" had a serious interest in me, and I had better handle it carefully. I thought my friend was just being kind to me, and supporting my wishful fantasy of a romantic relationship with "Diane."

When the thigh chafing incident happened, and I mishandled it badly, my Platonic friend told me that I had totally blown it, hurt "Diane's" pride, and provoked the negative reaction which I had experienced from her. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." To me, the sad part was the total misunderstanding between me and "Diane." Far from scorning her, I had a strong romantic and sexual attraction to her. I was just trying not to come on too strong, and offend her. "The best laid plans..."

• Like 2

@Dr.P

Well you've already lost her, so that means you have nothing to lose by attempting to reestablish conversation. If she declines, no big deal since you've already hit rock bottom with her. I say go for it but make sure to be direct and don't worry too much about being too nice since you saw where that approach landed you. Just walk up and say you need to speak to her for just one minute and unless she's a head to toe bitch, she'll give you that much to state your case. Just explain that you were trying not to come on too strong and made her feel that you weren't interested, but now want her to know the whole truth, that you are very attracted and want to take her out. No more small talk about hair or anything, she probably would find that repulsive at this point. Just be honest, say you find her attractive and that you want to date. Then tell her if there's nothing left on her end, that you won't bother her ever again. But being direct and not beating around the bush anymore is your best shot.

I'm only 30, but have lost many opportunities because I was afraid to approach and some other guy that had the balls took a shot and got her, and I ceased to exist to her. So many times, women get tired of waiting for a man to ask her out, especially with so many other guys that are making moves on her. Every minute you don't go for it, another man is. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1