Surprising myself

This morning I took myself somewhat by surprise.  As a Type 2 Diabetic I have periodic medical checks and today I had to take a urine sample along to my local surgery ahead of an appointment which is still some way in the future.  I've long been told that the best sample to produce is an early morning one, ideally the first pee of the day.  At the same time I'm also acutely aware of the difficulties of trying to pee directly into the tiny sample bottles supplied by the surgery.  I therefore decided to wee into a measuring jug from the kitchen and then decant what was needed into the sample bottle.  Much to my surprise, I ended up peeing just under 755ml, a massive amount for me, 300ml to 600ml being a normal daytime quantity.  What's more I'd got up twice during the night to take pretty copious pees too.  It just surprised me that my bladder would - or could - have that much in it.   

• Like 2
On 11/15/2018 at 6:02 PM, Adyguy6970 said:

This morning I took myself somewhat by surprise.  As a Type 2 Diabetic I have periodic medical checks and today I had to take a urine sample along to my local surgery ahead of an appointment which is still some way in the future.  I've long been told that the best sample to produce is an early morning one, ideally the first pee of the day.  At the same time I'm also acutely aware of the difficulties of trying to pee directly into the tiny sample bottles supplied by the surgery.  I therefore decided to wee into a measuring jug from the kitchen and then decant what was needed into the sample bottle.  Much to my surprise, I ended up peeing just under 755ml, a massive amount for me, 300ml to 600ml being a normal daytime quantity.  What's more I'd got up twice during the night to take pretty copious pees too.  It just surprised me that my bladder would - or could - have that much in it.   

That's pretty impressive. I've done some measuring, and about the best I've been able to hold is around 30 oz, or about 850 ml.