Photos vs Screenshots

I'd like to discuss the pros and cons of pictures taken from photos vs screenshots.

By photos I mean any picture taken with a still camera, whether it is film, digital, smartphone, etc. And by screenshots I mean any single "frame" taken from moving video, whether it is digital video, videotape, motion picture film [!], etc.

Picture quality is usually better with photos. The resolution is higher, the lighting is better, the framing is better. This is especially noticeable with older media. Photos from the 90's, 80's, and 70's look "cleaner" than video or screenshots taken from tape or film from the same era (usually cause it hasn't been preserved as well). However, screenshots from modern videos often stand up better against photos because everything is HD now and stored and reproduced digitally.

I'm rambling. The point is that photos usually look higher quality than screenshots. However, photos can sometimes look "staged", which can take away from their eroticism. However, there are many "spontaneous" photos that are hot and still look high quality, and those are what I value the most.

• Hot 1