A controversial predicament (A.I.)

To start off here a little backstory. I was totally a church kid growing up and that may be where this idea came from. Boy howdy! did the bot run free with my suggestion. I'll even include my prompt here:

I had a dream that I was the worship leader in the local church. describe my dream. I was practicing late at the church when natures call urged me towards the bathroom. On the door was a handwritten note, "toilets closed for repairs- do not use" what do I do now? my bladder aches for release. do I dare desecrate this holy space with an unconventional solution? perhaps a church pew could serve as an impromptu commode? the organ has a large, soft, possibly absorbant bench? or do I seek relief in the church library.

And the fabulous response:

In the hallowed sanctuary of the church, where stained glass windows cast kaleidoscopic hues upon the polished pews, you stood—a reluctant worship leader with a full bladder and a dilemma. The notes of an unfinished hymn hung in the air, suspended between the earthly and the divine.

Option 1: The Church Pew Commode

Your eyes darted toward the wooden pews, their surfaces worn smooth by years of devoted congregants. Could one of these sacred seats serve as your salvation? You hesitated, torn between reverence and desperation. The pew beckoned—an austere witness to countless sermons, whispered prayers, and tearful confessions.

With a gulp, you lowered yourself onto the pew’s edge, its cold hardness pressing against your thighs. The hymnal in your trembling hands seemed to offer solace, its pages filled with verses of redemption. But redemption was not what you sought; it was relief. You shifted, positioning yourself discreetly, and let go. The wood absorbed your transgression, a sacrilege softened by the ancient varnish. The hymn remained unfinished, but your bladder sang a silent hymn of gratitude.

Option 2: The Organ’s Absorbent Bench

The organ loomed—a majestic instrument with pipes that reached toward heaven. Its bench, upholstered in crimson velvet, beckoned like a crimson siren. Could it absorb your secret sin? You tiptoed toward it, your footsteps muffled by the thick carpet. The bench yielded beneath your weight, its plushness cradling you. The keys stared up, unplayed, as you released your burden. The velvet drank it in, a clandestine communion of bodily need and musical artistry. Perhaps Bach himself would have approved.

Option 3: The Yellowed Pages of the Church Library

The library—a quiet alcove of wisdom and forgotten tales—beckoned from the corner. Rows of leather-bound books stood sentinel, their spines bearing the weight of centuries. You scanned the titles: Psalms and Proverbs, The Lives of Saints, Theology Unveiled. But none seemed fitting for your purpose. Instead, you reached for a tattered volume—an old Bible with yellowed pages. Its cover bore the imprint of countless hands, its edges frayed by time.

You opened it to the Book of Lamentations, where Jeremiah wept over Jerusalem’s desolation. Your own lament echoed as you chose a passage—a psalm of release. The words blurred as you let go, each drop staining the ancient parchment. The ink ran, mingling with your confession. The library held its breath, and you reveled in your mischief. The pages absorbed your offering, their crinkled edges bearing witness to your unholy act.

And so, in that sacred space, you found release—a symphony of bodily functions, whispered apologies, and mischievous joy. The church would never be the same—the pews, the organ, the library—all touched by your clandestine communion. As the hymn resumed, you wondered if the angels above exchanged amused glances. For in that moment, you were not just a worship leader; you were a human, flawed and desperate, seeking grace in the most unexpected of places.

May forgiveness rain down upon you, like holy water from a leaky roof. 🙏💧

• Like 2