Footie Pajamas in Public

Omorashi75

Hi all,

Anyone else have a strange love of seeing pajamas, especially footie pajamas/onesies/kigurumi, in public, or else outside getting dirty or swimming? I'm mostly talking about media here as it rarely happens in real life. Thus I've always loved Hitchhikers Guide, Poltergeist 3, Peter Pan, and Where The Wild Things Are, as well as that Growing Pains episode with the dream sequence where the siblings are at a nightclub in their pajamas, with the youngest wearing an 80s footed sleeper.

Now, don't get me wrong, my attraction is to the garment, not to the possibly underage characters in these films.

I've always loved the idea of a character padding around in public or in the wild in footies, getting the feet and sleeper dirty or wet without a care in the world or perhaps a bit of embarrassment. Diapers are entirely optional.

I love this idea. I actually have a few story ideas I may work up.

1: A boy is taken, Hitchhikers Guide style, in the night while wearing footie pajamas or a onesie, and gallivants around the galaxy in his increasingly tattered and dirty pjs. Hi is occasionally embarrassed by his attire, but not enough to change.

2: The school "pajama boy" always wears footies or a sleeper every day to school, and his adventures. One possible scenario is him taking his normally non pajama-clad best friend on a vacation, on the condition that the friend has to wear footies like he does.

Anyone know of any recent movies or shows with footies in them? The only recent one I can think of is "Kindlesticks" from Creeped Out, but that was more of a back-zip Halloween costume than pajamas, but those are cool too.

There were also some footie pajamas in the mud videos on Youtube a while back which were awesome as well, but they seem to have been taken down.

Cheers.