Co-worker Almost had an Accident

I know there are those who'll be a little disappointed in the relieving outcome - and each to their own.   Personally I love the thought of the relief she enjoyed in making it.

A very similar situation occurred in my office a while ago - I work with a number of people who speak English as a second language.  Maybe a year ago I was sitting in the canteen with a couple of the guys and also two young ladies who were on student placements.  My ears pricked up when I heard one of the girls saying something along the lines of "...I know, I'm like, when I'm concentrating I won't even notice I need the toilet".

A month or two later and the same student had stopped whilst walking towards the exit and was talking to one of my foreign colleagues.   After maybe ten minutes chatting she suddenly blurted out "anyway, if I carry on talking I'll wee on myself" and briskly walked out towards the door and toilets beyond.    My colleague looked bewildered "she talks so fast, what did she say".  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

That reminds me of an situation many years ago.

As a postgrad student, I'd take anatomy labs for nursing students. They had human cadaver specimens that we used, these were stored in fluid and displayed on tables that drained into a bucket at one end. When they were freshly displayed it was not unusual for a slow stream to dribble into the bucket.

It was early in the year and I had just started a class with a group of first year students, being nursing they were mostly girls. I noticed a group having a discussion amongst themselves and not paying any attention to the work. I wandered over to investigate. One of the girls was standing near the end of the table with the fluid dribbling into the bucket with her legs crossed, her hands were below the table, possibly holding herself, but I could not see clearly. One of her friends announced, rather loudly that she really had to pee, the face of the desperate girl turned from flushed pink to beet red with this announcement.

I calmly told her she was free to go to the toilet, she asked if I was sure, I confirmed that she definitely was, before she ran out the door, which happened to stay open, looking for the toilet. There was no toilet within the anatomy area and you needed to leave the anatomy area to use the facilities across the busy walkway outside. Not finding a toilet nearby, she looked back through the door at me and her friends, I told her she needed go across the walkway, she then hastily took her lab coat off, she could have kept it on and saved time, before desperately running off.

I chuckled to myself and almost expected her not to return due to either embarrassment or, more likely, wet pants but she returned a couple of minutes later and continued as if nothing had happened.

• Like 2