Gassy stomach after drinking pee

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying drinking my own pee for many years but I've realized lately (since the last two months) that I bet a gassy stomach after drinking a full glass. I haven't changed my diet except that I've been exercising more and I don't have any other symptoms if I'm not drinking pee.

Has anyone experienced something similar? This would be an awkward conversation to have with a doctor 😅

Guest Wetling

Not that I remember. I know this more from energy drinks or other food with lots of sugar. But I seldomly swallow more than two mouthfuls of piss. How much do you drink?

I'm not a doctor, but are you taking massive gulps when you drink. A lot of the time if I am drinking something from a glass and im really thristy I'll take in more air than liquid and end up with some excessive burps.

It's also important to remember that pee is a waste product. Your body is going to react differently taking in pee than it is to juice, or water, or what have you. Our bodies change over the years so maybe your stomach is just having a different reaction? I dunno. I'd probably give it a rest for a day or two, take some antacida, and try it again. 

Stay safe!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wetling said:

Not that I remember. I know this more from energy drinks or other food with lots of sugar. But I seldomly swallow more than two mouthfuls of piss. How much do you drink?

I usually drink all my output during the day so roughly like half a gallon. It never used to be a problem until lately. 

1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

I'm not a doctor, but are you taking massive gulps when you drink. A lot of the time if I am drinking something from a glass and im really thristy I'll take in more air than liquid and end up with some excessive burps.

It's also important to remember that pee is a waste product. Your body is going to react differently taking in pee than it is to juice, or water, or what have you. Our bodies change over the years so maybe your stomach is just having a different reaction? I dunno. I'd probably give it a rest for a day or two, take some antacida, and try it again. 

Stay safe!

Thank you so much for your opinion Bacardi.

You are right, I think I'm drinking it too fast and that could be a reason besides my body changing over the years. I'll try to slow down with my intake and keep an eye on it. 

I definitely don't want to stop drinking it but I'll find out a good way to do it. Mine is almost like water so I would rule out being too acidic.

Thanks again!

Guest Wetling
4 hours ago, rojo92 said:

I usually drink all my output during the day so roughly like half a gallon. It never used to be a problem until lately.

If that were true it would have been a problem since you started doing it, because the water and salt has to go somewhere at some point. Asking for advice on something that is merely a fantasy is futile.

Edited by Wetling
1 hour ago, Wetling said:

If that were true it would have been a problem since you started doing it, because the water and salt has to go somewhere at some point. Asking for advice on something that is merely a fantasy is futile.

I don't do it everyday, maybe twice or three times a month and I make sure that I'm well hydrated. And I just wanted to see if someone had any similar experiences with it. I don't think I have an UTI but maybe there's a new kind of bacteria present in my urine that I'm not aware of, or I don't know what it might be causing it 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

I also noticed I had a gassy stomach mostly at night but wasn't as intense as when I drank pee.

I took some antibiotics to treat stomach bacteria and a few days after the treatment I decided to have a few glasses of pee again and I got so excited I didn't have any negative side effects this time! I keep a healthy diet and avoid too much salt/sugar and that gives my pee a very watery taste.