Inaccurate Depictions of Peeing in Movies and TV

I've noticed that a lot of movies and TV shows aren't very accurate about depicting characters peeing in what would seem to be common situations.

For example, getting up in the morning - the character gets out of bed, and simply starts their day, without a bathroom visit. Or after sex, the characters either say "goodnight," or one puts their clothes on and leaves, and no one visits the bathroom.

In reality, I'm sure the bathroom visit is probably omitted because it doesn't advance the plot. But it still seems unrealistic to me. 

Recently my wife and I were watching "Yellowstone," and there was a scene when Jamie and Sarah (his new girlfriend) have a conversation in bed, then Sarah gets out of bed, puts her underwear on (which kind of shows her bare pubic area), and heads to the bathroom, then we see her in the shower, where she's quickly joined by Jamie. My wife remarked "Why did she put her clothes on only to get in the shower?" I then said "If they just woke up, are either of them going to pee?" and my wife said "She was probably peeing in the shower when he interrupted her by getting in!"

• Like 2

It's probably taken for granted - but getting dressed to head to the shower. I I do that at home, whether I'm on my own or not, but I don't know  why. In a motel/hotel with en suite I don't think I do if I'm on my own. Realistic peeing intervals are rare. Mr Miyagi went to the bathroom but that was part of the action. I've seen one scene where a policewoman was on surveillance in a van, drank too much tea from the flasks and after a couple of shots in which she was clearly getting full and one where she murmures "Come on, hurry up" had to use the bucket which was provided for the purpose. The shot was head and shoulders with her breathing "If you come back now..."

10 hours ago, MonsterKane46 said:

I'm not familiar with the show and whether or not it includes nudity but the underwear may have been done to avoid showing her ass on camera coz...

Yellowstone has what I'd call "light" nudity. Sideboob, butts, skin, some sex, etc. The scene I'm referring to showed the female character (Sarah) pulling on her underwear from a front view. She adjusts them by slightly pulling them down, and it very briefly shows the top of her bare public area (but not genitals).

1923, which is a spinoff of Yellowstone, has a female peeing scene in the first episone. In a scene which takes place in Africa, a female exits her tent to pee at night. She's shown squatting (in the dark), and peeing noises are heard. Then (no spoilers)... something bad happens to her. In this particular case, the peeing is necessary to the plot development/advancement.

• Like 1

Here's another interesting one. My wife and I have just started watching "Succession," and last night we watched S1E3. There's a scene where a man and woman wake up in the morning after a night of sex. She goes into the bathroom, and sits on the toilet to pee. It shows her from the side. When she finishes, she pulls up her underwear without wiping.

My wife noticed, and remarked "she didn't wipe."