Mattress ticking

So I've always wanted to try to wet my bed without protection. However, upon doing some research on the type of mattress I have I figured that's it's probably not the best idea to do so.  However, during my research I also found out that my mattress has something called a ticking. 

For those of you unaware, a ticking is basically a cotton sleeve that surrounds the core of your mattress. It's also where stains are visible. The good thing is, it can be taken off and washed in the washing machine. That's when it hit me: perhaps I could take off the ticking, put the mattress protector around the core and then put the ticking back on. When im done, just pop the thing in the washing machine and voilla. Hopefully this way I can experience something more akin to "true" bedwetting without ruining the mattress. Since the ticking is made of cotton and decently thick, it should be quite absorbent. I could also try to stuff a couple towel under the ticking to make it more absorbent, should that be necessary.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Timthek
  • Like 2