The Long Meeting

Originally posted by me on Peesearch. A true story, and the lady in question was absolutely bursting to go to the loo during a long meeting.

Recently had a meeting with a young, smartly dressed professional woman, in her late 20s. We will call her L.

There were just the two of us in a small meeting room, and L helped me to 2 coffees and herself to 2 fruit teas within the first hour.

After 2 hours without a break I noticed a tap-tap-tap sound, and looked down to see the L's high heel tapping against the metal table leg. She had her legs crossed and must have been rapidly clenching her thighs, causing her foot to swing back and forth.

Realising that I had observed this, L ceased the leg swinging and coloured noticeably.

My bladder was rather full, and I guessed her's must be similarly troubling her.

Neither of us asked for a break (shyness?) and the meeting continued for another half an hour. We got through with what we needed to do, but L seemed tense and eager to close the meeting quickly.

At the end of the meeting L showed me out to the reception area. As L halted at the door she sharply drew her left foot up, tapped the toe of her shoe on the ground, and shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, as discretely as possible.

As I left the building I saw L hurrying away, no doubt making a beeline for the Ladies' to unburden herself of all that tea before there was an embarrassing mishap.

I made it to the loo at the railway station in the nick of time. An eventful and exciting (for me) meeting.

I hope you like this true account, and let me know if you would like to hear more.

• Hot 1