Recent "trend" of dis-abling visitor list

By which name would you call something you don't appreciate, yet you dislike so LITTLE that you do not consider it a problem at all (though not endorsing it and wandering why it happens)?

Because that is what I feel about this recent trend of newcomers, who almost all seems to un-able the profile's visitors list

I have Always found incredibly funny, as a child, to explore everything that looked like a tunnel, both in car wrecks park where we gathered as teenagers, and even younger, playing among parks and relatives gardens between bushes, finding holes that seemed to lead to the neighbours' gardens or even in nobody's fields...

it was adventurous!!!

I have Always felt the same when looking at someone's profile, then continuing, like in a tunnel, to somebody else that is shown in the list of the visitors of the profile I was currently watching... in some cases, that was also the way I discovered some people that later became my friend actually: I jumped into their profiles from another one, and liked a lot what I read there

It is so frustrating and un-cheerful when I visit someone's profile and BANG the visitor's list is disabled!

Cannot understand why people do that, just know it doesn't make me glad!!!

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1

This is a bit like me when I'm on YouTube, I go looking for information on building a coffee table and 5 hours later I'm learning the social etiquette of Sea Lions.

I do see your point though, I picked 10 random people out of the online user list, and not one of them had the visitor list enabled. Enabling it one by one gets pretty boring after the first few. Is it paranoia? An inherited fear of someone following you?

I can't see the point of having it if it can be disabled.

• Haha 2

I'm guessing that so many people have it disabled because it's disabled by default.   I never even realized that there was such a thing, and when I checked my profile, I saw that it was disabled.   So I enabled it because I wouldn't want to cause spywareonya any distress.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I left my visitor list disabled for a purpose.

I don't usually want to "draw attention to me" if this is the right phrase.
For that reason, I'm not sure if I like or not like that it's visible for everyone if I visit in someone profiles.
And for that reason, I have left my own list disabled, so if someone wants to visit in my profile without leaving a mark there, I allow it.

But I can enable my list if it makes people happy 🙂

4 hours ago, W1ll_B said:

I left my visitor list disabled for a purpose.

I don't usually want to "draw attention to me" if this is the right phrase.
For that reason, I'm not sure if I like or not like that it's visible for everyone if I visit in someone profiles.
And for that reason, I have left my own list disabled, so if someone wants to visit in my profile without leaving a mark there, I allow it.

But I can enable my list if it makes people happy 🙂

let me see if I understood:

since you would like to move without trace, you make a political and phylosophical action by allowing people to visit you without making Others know they did, like a spiritual adfirmation of the importance of un-traceableness?

• Like 1
On 5/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, spywareonya said:

let me see if I understood:

since you would like to move without trace, you make a political and phylosophical action by allowing people to visit you without making Others know they did, like a spiritual adfirmation of the importance of un-traceableness?

Maybe you think it too complexly. I don't want involve any politics here.

I'm not sure if I like this feature or not.
Maybe 50% I don't necessarily like it and 50% it doesn't really matter.

But because it was already disabled, I didn't enable it. If it would be enabled as default, I would probably leave it enabled.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, W1ll_B said:

Maybe you think it too complexly. I don't want involve any politics here.

I'm not sure if I like this feature or not.
Maybe 50% I don't necessarily like it and 50% it doesn't really matter.

But because it was already disabled, I didn't enable it. If it would be enabled as default, I would probably leave it enabled.

understood

I found it enabled by default