Anyone here university/college students?

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, Flapnjack said:

Student life🤓 if so what are you studying 

I obtain my culture throughout many means, and many of those are scientist and University Teachers I befriended during my life in the Occult, but I am not actually studying in a university

what are you up to?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

I graduated in 2009. 🙂 I have a degree in English. I love writing stories for myself as a form of escape and relaxation.

Another writer, I see. While I got my degree in science, I make my living writing.

• Like 1

I done computer studies, certified PC technician, with a couple of MS, Cisco and UNIX certs on the side. This never ends though, I get technet stuff everyday that I have to read, Microsoft is always evolving, you have to keep up, have to keep current.

Most things were accomplished online, you don't need to attend a university to get a degree.

23 hours ago, Scot_Lover said:

I done computer studies, certified PC technician, with a couple of MS, Cisco and UNIX certs on the side. This never ends though, I get technet stuff everyday that I have to read, Microsoft is always evolving, you have to keep up, have to keep current.

Most things were accomplished online, you don't need to attend a university to get a degree.

Wow I started reading up about networking just out of random interest its fascinating. I want to learn more about UNIX and OS in general, currently running ubuntu 16.04.  I'm currently learning full stack developer, my degree is not related at all but I must say it does help with opportunities.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:23 PM, glad1 said:

Another writer, I see. While I got my degree in science, I make my living writing.

General science? Do you have a favourite branch of study? 

On 5/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

I graduated in 2009. 🙂 I have a degree in English. I love writing stories for myself as a form of escape and relaxation.

I wonder what a degree in English entails. I've only been exposed to high school english, but I assume you write a lot of essays? 

On 5/9/2018 at 9:07 AM, spywareonya said:

I obtain my culture throughout many means, and many of those are scientist and University Teachers I befriended during my life in the Occult, but I am not actually studying in a university

what are you up to?

I'm doing Mathematics for my degree

Edited by Flapnjack
forgot word
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Flapnjack said:

Wow I started reading up about networking just out of random interest its fascinating. I want to learn more about UNIX and OS in general, currently running ubuntu 16.04.  I'm currently learning full stack developer, my degree is not related at all but I must say it does help with opportunities.

General science? Do you have a favourite branch of study? 

I wonder what a degree in English entails. I've only been exposed to high school english, but I assume you write a lot of essays? 

I'm doing Mathematics for my degree

A LOT of essays. A lot of reading. Basically it was a lot of book reports. You'd read a big book. Then you'd come up with a topic about that book and do a bunch of research on it at the library. Then write like a 10 to 20 page paper on it. 

22 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

A LOT of essays. A lot of reading. Basically it was a lot of book reports. You'd read a big book. Then you'd come up with a topic about that book and do a bunch of research on it at the library. Then write like a 10 to 20 page paper on it. 

One thing i learn from writing essays is that it takes critical thinking. It's a great skill to develop. 

• Agree 1
28 minutes ago, Flapnjack said:

One thing i learn from writing essays is that it takes critical thinking. It's a great skill to develop. 

I was always bad at critical thinking.. i'm better at.. writing whatever i feel like... just using my imagination and letting it run wild. I don't like having to 'prove a point' I just like writing what i feel.

On 11 May 2018 at 8:50 AM, Flapnjack said:

Yeah, I've run into that before, seeing a job go to someone else who has a degree in something totally unrelated. I had MCSE and MCPA at the time, but this wasn't good enough, yet someone with a Degree in Vetinary Science got the Network Technician job. I then formed my own company and ran it sucessfully for 12 years.

My field is FreeBSD mainly, with OpenBSD and NetBSD following closely. This is mostly server based work, using older low tech hardware I can pick up for next to nothing. My current server is running about 100tb, it lives in the garage because of the noise it makes, and has no keyboard, mouse or monitor. It's basically my own version of 'the cloud'.

Stick with it, even if you can't make a job out of it, you can still learn lots and do some pretty impressive things with it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

Me! Im an English major trying to work for a publishing company. I like writing and editing to.

Shit, this could prove useful😋

I am writing a novel, the first drafts are in the fictional stories, maybe you could help me in the distant future ahahahahahaah!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

Shit, this could prove useful😋

I am writing a novel, the first drafts are in the fictional stories, maybe you could help me in the distant future ahahahahahaah!!!!

Me too. Although ive put it aside to write fanfiction for the time being 🤭 

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...