The awesome grandeur of nature

6 hours ago, Peefreak99 said:

I guess snow can be a problem for farmers 

Yes it sure can, especially this year lol. Only about 60% of the crop is harvested around here. On the eastern side of the province farmers have barely started

• Like 1
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

Yes it sure can, especially this year lol. Only about 60% of the crop is harvested around here. On the eastern side of the province farmers have barely started

Oh fuck mabye you and your farmer neighbours If they are farmers could work toghetter to make everything go faster? 

• Like 1
On 10/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, speedy3471 said:

A bull and 2 cow moose

20191016_183409.jpg

20191016_183406.jpg

Oh boy, you just made me very jealous. As a passionate wildlife photographer this for me would be an absolute dream capture. Tiny moose in a vast landscape, this could be an amazingly beautiful, minimalist fine art picture.

Lucky you, hope you enjoyed it! 😉

I had to edit it a little haha .. I couldn't resit!

IMG_20191019_102756.jpg

Edited by Gotah
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Gotah said:

Oh boy, you just made me very jealous. As a passionate wildlife photographer this for me would be an absolute dream capture. Tiny moose in a vast landscape, this could be an amazingly beautiful, minimalist fine art picture.

Lucky you, hope you enjoyed it! 😉

I had to edit it a little haha .. I couldn't resit!

IMG_20191019_102756.jpg

Awesome editing lol. You would love it out here, lots of wide open spaces and Wildlife to photograph 

• Like 2

Surely,the most awesome thing in nature,is that of the earth itself.The Geologic forces that have shaped and created our environments,and indeed the very life on earth itself.Volcanoes,earthquakes,tectonic plates,upon which all the continents "float" upon.The same forces that 35 million years ago,raised the Himalayas,when the Indian plate,moving northwards,at about 6 inches per year,since the Cretaceous period,ran into the Eurasian plate,thrusting up the sea bed to heights of nearly 30,000 feet.

Or the power of volcanoes.

Krakatoa,which on the 27th August 1883,was a small island,about 5 miles,by 3 miles,and about 2,500 feet high,with 3 volcanic calderas,Perboewatan,Danan and Rakata.On the morning on 27th August,1883,its thought the 2 northern most peaks collapsed,millions of tons of rock suddenly plugging up their outlets.

The result was a massive explosion,the loudest bang in human history.Causing huge tidal waves and killing at least 30,000 people,and the shock wave travelled around the world 3 times.All that remained,was the Rakata peak,the rest was gone,into the atmosphere,at least 60 miles high,coming back down as billions of tons of ash and debris.

In 1927,it began bubbling up again,from the area of the Perboewatan caldera.What you can see in the picture below,is the remnant of the island from 1883.It now is about 500 feet high,and very active.All the indications are,is it WILL happen again.

krakatoa.gif

krakatoa1.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Sunrise this morning 

20191025_074525.jpg

I guess all pictures are from your land/yard you do own a HUUUUGE amount of ground man haha. How do you keep everything safe tho? I live in the country too but i would hear if anyone fucked around outside my house and i can see my entire yard from upstairs but you problaby have equipment and stuff far away so you wouldn't hear or see if anyone broke in there. But idk im just getting the feeling that your things are very spread out haha. I guess you have an alarm but it would take the cops a while to get there lol. Hopefully im not making you paranoid now🤣

23 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

I guess all pictures are from your land/yard you do own a HUUUUGE amount of ground man haha. How do you keep everything safe tho? I live in the country too but i would hear if anyone fucked around outside my house and i can see my entire yard from upstairs but you problaby have equipment and stuff far away so you wouldn't hear or see if anyone broke in there. But idk im just getting the feeling that your things are very spread out haha. I guess you have an alarm but it would take the cops a while to get there lol. Hopefully im not making you paranoid now🤣

Hahaha. Well our farthest away land is 25km, we do worry abit when we leave equipment parked over night. Fuel theft happens alot around here. Don't don't fuel up till the following morning so that way if fuel is stolen it's a relatively small amount

I've got a security system in my house, cameras put up. As the oil economy has crashed theft has gone up. Not as bad here as some towns 50 and 60km away. The cops response time can be upwards of 2 hours 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Hahaha. Well our farthest away land is 25km, we do worry abit when we leave equipment parked over night. Fuel theft happens alot around here. Don't don't fuel up till the following morning so that way if fuel is stolen it's a relatively small amount

I've got a security system in my house, cameras put up. As the oil economy has crashed theft has gone up. Not as bad here as some towns 50 and 60km away. The cops response time can be upwards of 2 hours 

Dosen't sound good at all my friend mabye you can put up some electric stuff snd traps around the equipment? I don't think anyone would go for the house they are more likely to go for fuel or equipment. So my tip would be to set up mobile traps and electric fences etc or mabye keep the equipment outside the house and put up warning signs that intruders will be shot at sight don't know what the law says about that in Canada tho but you could always place a gun in their hands afterwards and say it was self defence🤣 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

Dosen't sound good at all my friend mabye you can put up some electric stuff snd traps around the equipment? I don't think anyone would go for the house they are more likely to go for fuel or equipment. So my tip would be to set up mobile traps and electric fences etc or mabye keep the equipment outside the house and put up warning signs that intruders will be shot at sight don't know what the law says about that in Canada tho but you could always place a gun in their hands afterwards and say it was self defence🤣 

Here is how fucked up this country is

If I set a trap or even a spike belt to stop a thief and the thief gets hurt stealing my stuff I will be charged and probably face jail time, depending on the trap. Never mind if I use deadly force to protect myself or property iam going to jail. In canada we place life over property so legally we can't use deadly force to deter theifs. How messed up are we. Hell the eastern canadian voted for liberal prime minister again. Western separatisation is gaining steam. Our prime minister doesn't give 2 fucks for western Canada

• Like 1
11 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Here is how fucked up this country is

If I set a trap or even a spike belt to stop a thief and the thief gets hurt stealing my stuff I will be charged and probably face jail time, depending on the trap. Never mind if I use deadly force to protect myself or property iam going to jail. In canada we place life over property so legally we can't use deadly force to deter theifs. How messed up are we. Hell the eastern canadian voted for liberal prime minister again. Western separatisation is gaining steam. Our prime minister doesn't give 2 fucks for western Canada

We have the same problem here for exanple when a thief broke into a mans house his dogs came up to him. And the cunt hit one of the dogs so the dog bit him guess what happened? The man who owned the dogs had to pay the thief money and put the dog to sleep. WHAT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD. I could give another exanple a thief broke into a hunters cabin while he was cleaning his shotgun anyway the thief tried to wrestle the gun out of his hand and a shot was ACCIDENTLY fired and the thief got shot. the hunter got sentenced for fucking manslaughter and was sentenced to like 6 years. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peefreak99 said:

We have the same problem here for exanple when a thief broke into a mans house his dogs came up to him. And the cunt hit one of the dogs so the dog bit him guess what happened? The man who owned the dogs had to pay the thief money and put the dog to sleep. WHAT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD. I could give another exanple a thief broke into a hunters cabin while he was cleaning his shotgun anyway the thief tried to wrestle the gun out of his hand and a shot was ACCIDENTLY fired and the thief got shot. the hunter got sentenced for fucking manslaughter and was sentenced to like 6 years. 

Sad state of affairs my friend. But in think we are getting off topic

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...