The awesome grandeur of nature

11 minutes ago, fannywatcher said:

Is it "Nature" though?Nice photo of a tall building....🤔

Yes, Steve started it about Nature

But unless it becomes too frequent, that Dubai building is such a marvellous creation of us humans that it can stand here

But indeed you're right, in 14 pages it had Always been only about Nature and thus it will remain

But for once...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought I would bring the scale down. Very much down. Since I've been sick I thought we should take a look at a common virus known as a cold. One that is causing me to slowly loose my sanity over time. This is a grand aspect of nature that we need to respect for it's strength in numbers against life.

xoFcgrhq_400x400.jpg

Edited by Riley
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From my latest trip to some abandoned barracks from the German army. The last time it was actively used was in the year 2000, when police forces were stationed in them to assist the local police at the EXPO 2000.

DSC_0206.thumb.JPG.a1d7a96485cbf58b0dc79d58988b9f18.JPG

This was not the only room partially reclaimed by nature... but one of the more impressive ones.

I think I took more then 200 photos in total, on two separate visits, as well as 3 or 4 videos, one of a brief visit to an underground bunker.

• Like 1

This is a sunset over Plymouth Sound, the estuary entrance to Plymouth UK, my home town and where I live. The Island to the left is known as Drake's Island, named after Sir Francis Drake....

6156253863_61305d90a5_b.jpg

This is Drake's Island in daylight.....

_103861036_drakesislandflatjjl.png.jpg

• Like 2

This is the river Tamar, and the Tamar tidal estuary, which separates Plymouth from Cornwall.

Two bridges can be seen. They span the river side by side, the nearest one being mostly built of iron and completed in 1859 by the famous British engineer I.K.Brunel. It is a railway bridge. The one behind it with the taller spans is a road bridge built in the 1950s. 

On the left bank is part of the town of Saltash in Cornwall. On the right bank is part of my home city of Plymouth, in Devon.....

17-The-road-and-rail-bridges-that-span-the-Tamar.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, steve25805 said:

This is a sunset over Plymouth Sound, the estuary entrance to Plymouth UK, my home town and where I live. The Island to the left is known as Drake's Island, named after Sir Francis Drake....

6156253863_61305d90a5_b.jpg

This is Drake's Island in daylight.....

_103861036_drakesislandflatjjl.png.jpg

Drakes island looks so tranquil and peaceful at sunset

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 5:32 AM, steve25805 said:

A fox.

This is the only naturally living wild canine living in the UK today. The last wolves were killed off here many centuries ago....

Image result for fox

I love foxes.  We have them here in Michigan, where I live.  I've seen them several times.  We also have cougars way in the extreme northern part of the state.  And black bears, moose, deer, elk, many animals.  But, the fox is my fave.  So cute and very clever.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:01 AM, steve25805 said:

Awesome. Another one. I love astronomy, cosmology, and all that stuff.

I love astronomy too.  I took an introductory course in college and the professor taught it as though it was a grad school class at MIT!  Needless to say, it was very difficult.  I loved going to our campus's planetarium.  I learned a lot and it was super interesting, but difficult.

In the US, we have what's called public TV where there are many science shows.  The ones on space and astronomy are fantastic.  It's called PBS here, for Public Broadcasting Service.  No commercials during the shows.  Neil deGrasse Tyson is featured often and I really like the way he can explain very intricate things in easy terms for the layman.  He's great! 

Edited by 2prnot2p
On 7/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, steve25805 said:

Look at this awesome and beautiful creature.

Look at those eyes....

Related image

This pic is not natural.  It's been altered or is totally CGI.  No leopard, jaguar, or any large cat looks like this.  The lines are all swirling in a fake way.  But, it's a cool made-up image, for sure.