The awesome grandeur of nature

4 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Lightning in the Grand Canyon.....

lightning-grand-canyon-matador-seo-940x6

I start to figure it out why native americans were that tough

I mean, look at that, it's ominous, seems a view from another world!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sunset over the sea.....

Related image

both romantic and energetic

this is what "Life", in it's highest reach, means to me

this is my dream, the hope for the world I live and sweat and even suffer to help building it

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A view from space of the Northern Lights.....

Image result for Space station views

Aurora Borealis is among my most intimate and spiritual fascinations

it's sunlight contacting Earth field at its peak, with matched force

imagine the actual Pole: 6 months of ceaseless night, lighted up like day by the constant Aurora... cannot even keep typing...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Western Mediterranean by night, a space eye view. 

Here you can see Spain, southern France, and part of the north African coast.

How much energy humanity expends on lighting is immediately obvious. Any passing alien would only need eyes to know immediately that our world hosts intelligent life.....

Related image

dunno why but I never figured it out that the portion of Europe with France and Spain (which I have Always considered some kind of "nose" of Europe) was THAT long and stretched ihihihihihihihihihihihiihihihihihihih

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

This is the beautiful light echo from a stellar explosion, some kind of nova caused by a build up of incoming gas onto a star which reaches a critical mass, density and heat and sets off a major explosion near the surface.

This image is caused by light from the explosion several years afterwards passing through "nearby" dust and gas. Though when you consider that light travels at a speed of approximately 186,000 miles per second - 300,000 km per second - and consider how many such seconds there are in several years - then clearly the distance travelled is vast, so the term "nearby" is a relative one only, lol....

Image result for light echo

the Death of something beautiful is beautiful itself...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kangaroos.

These creatures look mildly amusing yet also awesomely cute and fascinating when they move at speed, with their unique way of bounding along......

Image result for kangaroos leaping

I love them they are sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!😍 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A scene from the Serengeti.....

Related image

everytime I see a pic of the Serengeti I understand better why the Gods Always said they have a preference for this place among the Whole world...

• Agree 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, spywareonya said:

dunno why but I never figured it out that the portion of Europe with France and Spain (which I have Always considered some kind of "nose" of Europe) was THAT long and stretched ihihihihihihihihihihihiihihihihihihih

I think it's just an effect of perspective.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Flapnjack said:

If this fascinates you, I'd recommend planet earth and the Cosmos. Both have amazing visuals for earth and space respectively. Plus you get to learn a lot 🙂

they are heart touching

pics here are usually picked by Steve on a casual/inspirational stance, and commented afterward... welcome here if you want to stay

and if you were just passing by, glad to have had you here anyway

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, steve25805 said:
Image result for beautiful landscapes

10 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Related image

I am speechless Steve... never seen anything like that, never, ever

it's bringing me to tears, it's amazing

it's like a dream....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Pink flamingos in flight......

Image result for everglades

I once saw a documentary about them, their life is HARD AS FUCK

they are born White, and become pink by eating nothing but shrimps for the first months of their life

every thing that happens in the environment can kill them and doom an entire generation

a couple of time was even tempted at zapping away to another channel!!! after the end of the documentary I was sweaty for partcipation!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

An alligator underwater.....

Related image

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow now we are speaking the same Language!!!

the Nile crocodile had been the first animal to be worshipped as a divinity, and it was the symbol of the Goddess Savannah, in Africa (hence the word Savanah to mean the wasteland inhabitated by Dangerous animals)

her name is linked to the same prehistorical root word that also gives the english SEVEN

and was the first goddess of modern history (among the Gods She is Kali Herself) linked to the seven stars of the Chariot in the constellation of the Great Bear

after being shapeshifted into a male for religious purpose she became Sebek, the crocodile god of Egypt, in the end relegated to minor role while more famous Gods like Osiris and Ra were becoming hot topic but initially the totem animal of all the Ancient Kingdom

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Neptune.....

Image result for neptune

astrological planet of dreams, imagination, hope, romanticism, anxiety, deep unconscious, and more than anything the reconciliation of opposites

the filter for the raw and initially heart-less (until civilized) untamed brutality of Pluto

• Like 1
  • Love 1